Windows 10: Can't save to this folder

Discus and support Can't save to this folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to resize a picture in my photos app. When I click save I get the message, we can't save to this folder. Two days ago, it worked just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MLeone2010, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Can't save to this folder

I'm trying to resize a picture in my photos app. When I click save I get the message, we can't save to this folder. Two days ago, it worked just fine.

:)

MLeone2010, Jul 19, 2020

2. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Can't save files to folders

lol no I am not a bot, I'm very real (read my bio at
    cmdrkeene.com/about
    )

Anyway, this is good that you are administrator and the sole user. This is how it should be. So to fix the problem I think you just need to reset the security options on that folder. I can't really say how it got messed up, but this should fix it. These
    steps are a bit involved, but just take it step-by-step (some users print them and mark off what step they've done). If you get stuck, just let me know what step you're on.

• Press Windows+R to show the Run box.
    • Type (or copy/paste) %userprofile% (including the percent signs) into the box and hit OK to open your user profile folder.
    • Right-click the Documents folder and go to Properties.
    • On the Security tab, click Advanced.
    • At the top, make sure the "owner" is set to your account. If it already is, please skip to step 6.
      • A. If the owner is not you, click Change.
      • B. Click Advanced
      • C. Click Find Now
      • D. Select (highlight) your account in the list (it may be a name or email address depending on your setup), then click OK to close the search box.
      • E. Click OK again to close the "select a user" box.
      • F. Turn ON checkbox for "replace owner on subcontainers and objects" (this makes sure you are the owner for
        everything under your documents folder also).
      • G. After the checkbox is on, click OK close the "advanced security" box.
      • H. Click OK again to close the Documents Properties box. At this point, you should be back where you were after step 2 when you opened the User Profile folder.
      • I. Right-click the Documents folder again, and go back to properties,
      • J. On the Security tab, click Advanced, then continue with step 6 below.
    • Click "Add"
    • Click "Select a principal"
    • Click Advanced
    • Click Find Now
    • Select (highlight) your account in the list (it may be a name or email address depending on your setup), then click OK to close the search box.
    • Click OK again to close the "select a user" box
    • Turn on "Full Control" checkbox.
    • Click OK to close the Permission Entry box.
    • Click OK again to close the "Advanced Security" box.
    • Click OK again to close the Documents Properties box. At this point, you should be back to where you were after step 2 when you opened the User Profile folder.

Now, double-click the Documents folder to go inside. Try opening any file you have, making a minor change and clicking "Save" to see if it saves properly now that you have "full control" over everything.

Again I know these are long steps. As a word of caution, please do not try to do this on a larger scope (for example, if you tried this on your whole C: drive, you could destroy your OS, so only do it on Documents/Pictures folders and such to be safe).
    Also, never use the "Deny" options when setting permissions because those take precedence over the allows, meaning that you can permanently lock yourself out of a folder and never get back in.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 19, 2020
  4. Can't save to this folder

Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Can't save to this folder

1. Can't save to this folder - Similar Threads - Can't save folder

2. saving folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saving folders: Hello.I am using movavi vidoe converter .I have several folders/places for saving videos.By mistake i do not choose the latest saving folder so two converted videos i am not sure where are saved!.Is it possible via win 11 to find them?The path?VIa activity?Some how?...
  3. saving folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    saving folders: Hello.I am using movavi vidoe converter .I have several folders/places for saving videos.By mistake i do not choose the latest saving folder so two converted videos i am not sure where are saved!.Is it possible via win 11 to find them?The path?VIa activity?Some how?...
  4. Can't SAVE in Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't SAVE in Pictures folder: Hi Microsoft : I'm tring to find the solution to the problem of not being able to SAVE downloaded images to PICTURES folder. I tried the CMD command, but it didn't work. I also tried unchecking READ ONLY box in PICTURES PROPERTIES box. Still didn't work. All other solutions...
  5. Can't SAVE in Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't SAVE in Pictures folder: Hi Microsoft : I'm tring to find the solution to the problem of not being able to SAVE downloaded images to PICTURES folder. I tried the CMD command, but it didn't work. I also tried unchecking READ ONLY box in PICTURES PROPERTIES box. Still didn't work. All other solutions...
  6. Can't SAVE in Pictures folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Saving to Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving to Pictures Folder: Totally weird All of a sudden I cannot save pictures from any of my photo apps to Pictures folder. Checked properties of folder and there appears to be Administrator rights for everyoneI get this message C:\Users\angus\Pictures\GARMIN\IMG_6868.jpg File not found Check the...
  8. saved games folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    saved games folder: hi guys, this is my first thread. my saved games folder (c:user/name/saved games) is missing, how to restore it? 150611
  9. Saving game folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving game folder: Hi ,,I might have to reinstall windows and I am halfway through Wolfenstein colossuss and I don't feel like having to do it all again ,,could someone please tell me is it possible to save a folder that has the saves in and put it back after I have reinstalled the game...
  10. Save As To Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Save As To Pictures Folder: Thanks. I have “tweeted” it not to display Quick Access” in the left panel. Thanks though. Good point.