Windows 10: Cant Screen record by using Xbox Game Bar

Discus and support Cant Screen record by using Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So today while I was playing valorant, I decided to record my gameplay using the xbox game bar but when I click on the record button, it says 'Cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NerdStone04, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Cant Screen record by using Xbox Game Bar

So today while I was playing valorant, I decided to record my gameplay using the xbox game bar but when I click on the record button, it says 'Cant record right now. Try Again later'. It used to work fine couple days ago and now all of a sudden it doesn't work.

submitted by /u/NerdStone04
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NerdStone04, Aug 26, 2020

2. Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Trust9011 Win User

Cant Screen record by using Xbox Game Bar

Xbox game bar records as a black screen

You "Windows independent consultants" never cease to make me laugh. Are you guys so untrained in your profession that you have not the slightest clue how your own company's products work? Your "solution" has no relevance to the problem I presented.

"Turn the Game Bar on or off in Windows 10:

1. Navigate to the Xbox app within Windows 10."

The purpose of the Windows 10 Xbox app is to:

"Discover and download new games with Xbox Game Pass, see what your friends are playing and chat with them across PC, mobile, and Xbox console." (taken from the xbox website).

The Xbox companion app is designed to help users discover games and communicate with friends. The Xbox Game Bar is a gaming overlay pre-installed in Windows 10 that allows for screen capturing, broadcasting, and other gaming features. I fail to understand
    how the Xbox app will help me in any way, when my problems lies in the fact that my recording software (Xbox game bar) is failing to function.

"Turn the Game Bar on or off in Windows 10 using the registry:"

Just turn it off and turn it back on again. LOOOOOOOLLLLLL. 4Head. I won't even address this one.

"To remove the Game Bar altogether:

If you would like to remove the Xbox app altogether, try this."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. Wow, gee, why didn't I think to just UNINSTALL my recording software. Wouldn't that help me record my games so much better? LOOOOOOOOLLLL.

In all seriousness, online forum customer service for enterprise-scale corporations such as Microsoft is atrocious all across the board. Employers think that just because they're making tremendous profits that their products are well-liked and without problems.
    Just by taking a simple look at any online forum (Dell, Microsoft, AT&T), one can see that thousands of questions are left unanswered, or at the very best, given a copy-and-pasted response from a foreign "customer service" employee with no clue as to how their
    company's product or software works at a fundamental level.

Do not let these corporations get away with this! As an employee of Microsoft, you have a civic duty to the community to uphold. Only when one becomes educated in their rights can one make an impact. Down with corporate tyranny! The Reds shall not be suppressed!

https://www.osha.gov/Publications/osha3021.pdf

Btw, I fixed the problem myself. There was a disparity between the screen Xbox game bar was recording and the one I was on. This resulted in Xbox game bar trying to record a different screen from the one I was on (Overwatch), and creating a black screen
    half the time. Enjoy your day Cant Screen record by using Xbox Game Bar :)

Trust9011, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Cant Screen record by using Xbox Game Bar

1. Cant Screen record by using Xbox Game Bar - Similar Threads - Cant Screen record

2. I cant record or take screenshots using xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant record or take screenshots using xbox game bar: I cant record or take screenshots using xbox game bar. The icons are all greyed out and I cannot interact with them. I have triend various fixes on this website:...
  3. I cant record or take screenshots using xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant record or take screenshots using xbox game bar: I cant record or take screenshots using xbox game bar. The icons are all greyed out and I cannot interact with them. I have triend various fixes on this website:...
  4. Xbox Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Recording: So the windows key on my keyboard just stopped working. Reasons unknown, is there any way to change the game bar recording shortcut to not be Win+G because that is like the only time I use it....
  5. Xbox Game Bar not recording

Xbox Game Bar not recording: ever since i upgraded to windows 11, i cannot use xbox game bar to record my games. i can still open it normally though. however when i open it, i can't press any of the buttons to record. i already tried resetting and repairng game bar, but nothing worked.when i try to press...
  6. Screen Recording via Xbox game bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Recording via Xbox game bar: Recently I have planned to purchase the "ASUS VIVOBOOK 15 K513EQ" Laptop which has "Nvidia GeForce MX350" dedicated gpu. Now my question is, will this gpu meet my hardware requirements for screen recording via Xbox?...
  7. Xbox game bar not recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar not recording: HelloWhen I try and record a game using the Xbox Game Bar, it say's 'sorry we cannot record right now, please try again later' but it never works. How would I fix this?...
  8. xbox game bar recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game bar recording: my xbox game bar recording is not enabling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-recording/ba8dd4c9-c1a0-48db-ae45-fd8770574b09
  9. XBOX GAME BAR RECORDINGS

XBOX GAME BAR RECORDINGS: Hello, a couple days ago I've been able to use to the game bar without any problems. I have recorded game play and the recordings were saved onto my computer in its true resolution 1920x1080. Now whenever I record my game play the recordings are saved with a weird resolution....
  10. Xbox game bar records as a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar records as a black screen: Half of the time when I am recording footage for a game (overwatch), the recording turns out to be a black screen when I view the mp4 file. I have looked at other forum posts on this, and it seems that this problem is largely unresolved for many people....