Windows 10: Cant search emails in Outlook 2013 (365) after windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Cant search emails in Outlook 2013 (365) after windows 10 upgrade in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; after upgrading to Windows 10, i'm not able to search inbox in outlook to find any existing emails. I use office 365, which I believe is outlook 2013?!... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by edd0612, Aug 17, 2015.

1. edd0612 Win User

Cant search emails in Outlook 2013 (365) after windows 10 upgrade

after upgrading to Windows 10, i'm not able to search inbox in outlook to find any existing emails. I use office 365, which I believe is outlook 2013?!

It comes up with an error saying 'search results may be incomplete because items are being indexed'. clicking on it, it says 12000 to be indexed, but this goes to zero as it did yesterday, then back up again this morning. still no luck once it does reach zero!

have tried rebuild in search options/indexing options but still not working.

any help would be appreciated.

:)

edd0612, Aug 17, 2015
  2. Mark Bu Win User

Microsoft Creator 1703 Mail App

The article
    Compare Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 with Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2013
    states the following:

The Mail and Calendar apps on Windows 10 provide a basic, touch-friendly email and calendar application that is great for use with personal email services, and comes free with every Windows 10 device.

Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 also are available for Windows 10 devices, with the purchase of Office 2013, Office 2016, or Office 365. Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 are the leading applications for professional email, calendar, contacts, and task management,
    for those who want the richest feature set for email and calendaring.

Mark Bu, Aug 17, 2015
  3. mkmike19 Win User
    Windows 10 - Notification Settings not showing Apps?

Following my comments above, I ran an over re-install of Windows 10 keeping apps and files and that has cured it. After the first e-mail received, Outlook 2013 appeared in the notification list, I was able to turn on all outputs and it is now working as
    it should.

I have a hypothesis on this problem. It seems to me that if you already have an installation of Office 365 (2013) on your PC before installing Windows 10, the Action Centre will probably register Outlook correctly and deal with the notifications. If you
    do not then installing Office 365 after Windows 10, does not seem to register Outlook with the Action Centre and that is where the problem occurs. After all, the 365 installation is rather different from installing Office 2013 in the normal way. As I say,
    this is just a hypothesis based on installation on 2 PCs, one with 365 already there and the other where it was installed after Windows 10.

mkmike19, Aug 17, 2015
  4. edd0612 Win User

any ideas would be appreciated..

edd0612, Aug 17, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
    If you have set up indexing options do you also have this set on to allow indexing of file contents on the drive? If not I don't know as I don't use Outlook but it certainly will not work without.

Cant search emails in Outlook 2013 (365) after windows 10 upgrade [​IMG]

6. edd0612 Win User
    Thanks for the reply. yes this is set to allow.

edd0612, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cant search emails in Outlook 2013 (365) after windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Cant search emails

2. Email / system virus Windows 10 / outlook 2013

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email / system virus Windows 10 / outlook 2013: Good morning. On thursday 6th August we started to receive a number of malicious emails from our ionos mailboxes. These emails are copies of emails we have previously received from a known sender. Essentially, I will have received an email from a known sender at some...
  3. Migration of email from Outlook 2013 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migration of email from Outlook 2013 to Windows 10: Problem: ATT has changed the way they handle email, so I suddenly can no longer download my ATT emails to Outlook 2013 on my PC. ATT has recommended that I start to use Windows Mail for downloading my ATT emails. Questions 1 If I start using Windows Mail with my...
  4. Outlook 2013 search function not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook 2013 search function not working: whenever i search for keywords in resent mails, it only find mails that are a year or two years old. i have tried searching for my most resent mail with all keywords right. and it still does not work. despite me doing every fix from this link.......
  5. How to move windows 10 mail emails to Outlook 2013

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move windows 10 mail emails to Outlook 2013: We need to move/copy the emails sent from windows 10 mail stored in the hard disk of my laptop, to Outlook 2013 installed in my laptop? I am told Windows 10 mail does not have an export email option nor an archive one Please help!!...
  6. Searching stopped working in Outlook 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Searching stopped working in Outlook 2013: (Maybe a repost. Sorry for any confusion.) I have Office 2013 Plus Pro installed on a Windows 10 64 Pro System. Recently search stopped working for all Outlook parts: email, tasks, contacts, etc. So I redid the index using the Control Panel Indexing applet. What I don't...
  7. Outlook 2013 and email links...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 and email links...: This is my home system and I am admin on this PC; the standard user account that uses Outlook has no admin access... Clicking on a link in Outlook email pops up this window: [img] It's been going on for awhile, not sure when it started and got used of it, but its time...
  8. Outlook 2013 won't receive email after Windows 10 startup

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013 won't receive email after Windows 10 startup: After starting up Windows 10 from shutdown, Outlook 2013 freezes trying to receive email. If I restart Windows 10, Outlook works. Interesting to note: The start up from shutdown is very quick--about 1 minute, but the restart takes between 3 - 5 minutes. Are there any...
  9. After windows 10 update search in outlook 2013 never completes

in Browsers and Email
    After windows 10 update search in outlook 2013 never completes: A few days ago Microsoft forced a major Windows 10 features update on my computer and some things now do not work as they did before. I noticed that when I tried to do a search for anything on some outlook mail boxes it would never finish. On some mail boxes it seems to work,...
  10. Cant send emails using Outlook 10 after upgrading to Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cant send emails using Outlook 10 after upgrading to Win 10: Please help, four days now and cant send emails! 11678