Windows 10: can't search folders after update

Discus and support can't search folders after update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can literally type in the exact name of folders and files and it still says there are no results anybody have ideas or the same problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LikelyAFox, Oct 30, 2020.

1. can't search folders after update

I can literally type in the exact name of folders and files and it still says there are no results

anybody have ideas or the same problem?

submitted by /u/LikelyAFox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LikelyAFox, Oct 30, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Carlos: Thanks for your reply. What you suggest is what I have been doing. I search for folders with a specific name and get a list. Then I have to search each folder for a specific file. So it's a two step search and that's what I was trying to avoid.

I assume there are applications out there that allow for an "AND" search in Windows. I'll try that approach.

Thanks, again.

MarkMcDonough45, Oct 30, 2020
  4. can't search folders after update

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

can't search folders after update

1. can't search folders after update - Similar Threads - can't search folders

2. Can't use search box in specific folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use search box in specific folder: Hello, I want to ask solution to my problemFirst, I change the Downloads default directory from C:/Users/MyComputerName/Downloads to D:/My Computer/DownloadsAfter that, I can't search in the Downloads directoryIt always shows "This folder is empty" but, you can see My...
  3. Can't use search box in specific folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use search box in specific folder: Hello, I want to ask solution to my problemFirst, I change the Downloads default directory from C:/Users/MyComputerName/Downloads to D:/My Computer/DownloadsAfter that, I can't search in the Downloads directoryIt always shows "This folder is empty" but, you can see My...
  4. After update, can't type in windows search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    After update, can't type in windows search bar: After a recent update, the windows search bar no longer works. I can, thankfully, access most of what i need through the Windows start button but any help to get the search bar working again would be much appreciated....
  5. Minimize folder after search back to search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minimize folder after search back to search: Hi everyone, I have a problem with Windows 10 1909 18363.592.Weird behavior with file search after opening folder. 1 Open a folder with explorer file. 2 Search a file. 3Close search. 4Minimize folder on taskbar. Eventually I get the folder back to search on its own....
  6. Can't detect files in a folder after updating to 1909

Can't detect files in a folder after updating to 1909: After updating into ver. 1909, whenever I connect my phone to my PC via USB cable, my PC cannot detect files especially medias in certain folders in my phone and came up with "This folder is empty" after loading the folder for few seconds. After that, when I refresh the page,...
  7. Can't use the search in folders after last windows update.

Can't use the search in folders after last windows update.: After the last windows update I've been unable to use the search in the folders. Sometime it would work sometimes it doesn't and when it does, it doesn't do the search automatically, I have to now press enter to start it. can anyone help me in sorting this out. Thanks...
  8. Searching folders

Searching folders: When I search a folder for a word or number, I get one or more files. When I search for exactly the same word or number in the file, I sometimes get a NOT FOUND result. How is that? Am I doping something wrong?...
  9. after searching a synched folder - I can't open the results.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after searching a synched folder - I can't open the results.: Hi Really Smart People - When searching a synced folder - the search results don't open from the search result page. They just sit. Environment: Win10 Pro Office365 business prem I can open the desired file if I toggle to it and in Sharepoint. I've deleted and...
  10. Can't type in search and IE after update

in Browsers and Email
    Can't type in search and IE after update: Fresh install of Windows. Did the updates. After the last updates and a restart, now all of a sudden I can't type in the Search field anymore, and I also can't type in the address bar in Internet explorer. But I can type if I create a notepad, and I can type if I open the...