Windows 10: Can't search for movies on Windows Store

Discus and support Can't search for movies on Windows Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I used to search for movies in the Microsoft Store back in the days. I was browsing the store true the browser and I find a movie that I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Cloudie2, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Cloudie2 Win User

Can't search for movies on Windows Store

Hello,

I used to search for movies in the Microsoft Store back in the days. I was browsing the store true the browser and I find a movie that I wanted to buy. So I opened my Microsoft Store app and searched for the same movie, but I wasn't able to find it. At first, I thought that I misspelled the name of the movie, but then I saw that the "Movie & TV Shows" button disappeared and no matter what movie I was trying to search I couldn't find anything. On the browser, everything was coming out so I'm pretty confident that the problem is in the app or in the Windows setting, but I couldn't fix it.

Those are the things that I tried in order to fix it,

Deleting the cache of the Microsoft Store!
    Using the tool for troubleshooting!
    Resetting the settings of the app!

My system is up to date!

None of that helped! What should I do? Thanks in advance!

:)

Cloudie2, Mar 12, 2020

2. Trouble signing in to the windows movie & tv and Windows store

Hello Michele,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This issue may arise when some of the Windows components gets corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform windows Store reset and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type wsreset.exe. Press Enter.

And for issues related to Movies and TV, I suggest you to post your query in Movies and TV forum. Follow the link below:

Results in Music, Movies & TV - Microsoft Community

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 12, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows Movie Maker

Hi,

To get a better grasp of your Windows Movie Maker's issue, kindly provide the following:

• The version of your Windows Movie Maker.
    • Troubleshooting steps already provided.
    In the meantime, if you have purchased or downloaded the said app from our Windows Store, I suggest that you try and run our troubleshooter by clicking this
    link.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

"purchasing" TV and Movie content offered FREE in Windows Store

Hi Sheila,

One possible reason why you're unable to get the free movie is can be due to outdated application for Windows Store. To assist you better, we'd like to ask if have you tried updating your Windows Store. Have you tried resetting your Store? If not, we suggest
    that you follow these steps to reset Store Cache:

• Run CMD as administrator.
    • Type in WSReset.exe
    • Click Enter.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't search for movies on Windows Store - Similar Threads - Can't search movies

2. WIndows Movie Maker can't export my Movie on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIndows Movie Maker can't export my Movie on my computer: So, recently i found my old files with old movie made in Movie Maker 2.6I restored the images, music etc.and then i tryed to Export it, i got an error "Windows Movie Maker cannot save the movie in the specified folder. Make sure that the original files used in the movie, as...
  3. WIndows Movie Maker can't export my Movie on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows Movie Maker can't export my Movie on my computer: So, recently i found my old files with old movie made in Movie Maker 2.6I restored the images, music etc.and then i tryed to Export it, i got an error "Windows Movie Maker cannot save the movie in the specified folder. Make sure that the original files used in the movie, as...
  4. WIndows Movie Maker can't export my Movie on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't watch movies . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't watch movies . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.I have a shortcut,for over 50 movies.For some reason, I can't watch any of them?These are all moviesI've, watched in the past.New or old, I just can't see them.When I try, to watch them. The circle, on the screen.Just, spins...
  6. Unable to search for Movies and Tv Show from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to search for Movies and Tv Show from Microsoft Store: As title mentioned, I am unable to search movies and tv shows from the Microsoft store, the tabs are either missing or greyed out submitted by /u/PlaneConversation6 [link] [comments]...
  7. Unable to search for Movies and Tv Show from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to search for Movies and Tv Show from Microsoft Store: As title mentioned, I am unable to search movies and tv shows from the Microsoft store, the tabs are either missing or greyed out submitted by /u/PlaneConversation6 [link] [comments]...
  8. I can't see the Movies and Edge Extensions tabs in the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't see the Movies and Edge Extensions tabs in the Microsoft Store: [ATTACH] this is proof https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-the-movies-and-edge-extensions-tabs-in/b923d4d3-dd14-43da-9217-f2b0cd93d487"
  9. Microsoft store movie

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store movie: I bought a movie off the Microsoft store downloaded fine but when I click to play it it says can't play the item is missing or we can't get to it 0x80070002 its in the default folder I opened it with vlc but no video and no sound it says its playing can anyone help...
  10. I can't download any rented movies from the Windows Store

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't download any rented movies from the Windows Store: I keep getting this message. I Googled it, and some solutions say to check permissions. I did, and I already have full control. [img] 31799