Windows 10: CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR

Discus and support CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR in Cortana to solve the problem; Whenever i try to type something in the search bar it doesnt type anything but my keyboard is working on google and other programs. I have tried... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SchoolShooter, Jun 9, 2020.

1. CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR

Whenever i try to type something in the search bar it doesnt type anything but my keyboard is working on google and other programs.

I have tried writing the commands in powershell and command prompt, disabled all programs, doing the indexing thing etc. but it is still not working.

:)

SchoolShooter, Jun 9, 2020

2. The "Control panel" search bar is not working.

Yup .. as you see in the subject

(The "Control panel" search bar is not working.)

I can't type any thing , not just that .. I tried to click at the search bar, but yeah it's also not working.

when you open the "Control panel" and you want to search about something, you can do it .. but I can't.

so what is the problem here ?

my windows is original

it's the "Home Edition"

Please help

MOHAMEDMAHDI1, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Control Panel Search bar appearing twice

I am using Win 10 Pro. Just after recent update to build version 18363.657, I noticed that Control Panel search bar is appearing twice and only the left search box is allowing me to type. Also with Control Panel open if I click on Search Box in task bar
    the control panel search bar is appearing as expected. I guess this is a bug and should be addressed.

CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR 7eeaf4ae-7e9c-4361-8cb3-f26d1a0620bd?upload=true.jpg

Subhadeep Kanungo, Jun 9, 2020
  4. CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR

edge search bar at the top of the screen

Hi,

- May occur if a third party search\tool bar is installed on the computer.

I suggest you to go to Programs and Feature and check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer. If yes, uninstall it and check if it helps.

a) Right-click on Start and click on Control Panel.

b) Click on Programs and features and click on Uninstall a Program.

c) Under Uninstall or change a program, scrollthrough the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer

e) If yes, right-clickonthe tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Hope this information helps.

MilagrosM2020, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR

1. CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR - Similar Threads - CANT SEARCH SEARCH

2. Search bar settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar settings: How do I remove this ? It's for international tea day but I don't give a **** about it and want it off my screen. Where can I disable this kind of garbage in my settings ?...
  3. Search bar settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar settings: How do I remove this ? It's for international tea day but I don't give a **** about it and want it off my screen. Where can I disable this kind of garbage in my settings ?...
  4. Can't open settings, control panel or type anything into search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open settings, control panel or type anything into search bar: Hello! I have a HUGEEEEEE problem because i can't use the search bar or the settings menu OR THE CONTROL PANEL, which i desperately need right now and if i can it just starts flickering like i'm vigorously scrolling down, i try to scroll up but it's just bottoming out by...
  5. Cant type in search bar

in Cortana
    Cant type in search bar: Hi guys, First of all sorry for my english and i hope you can help regarding to my search bar because i did all the method that i find on browser but sad say all those method is doesn't work.. Hopefully there is someone who can help me regarding to my problem...
  6. Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar: After the latest update, I can type no more than three characters in the search bar next to the start button. I'm on version Version 1909 Build 18363.959. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can offer. submitted by /u/patco81 [link] [comments]...
  7. Control Panel Search bar appearing twice

Control Panel Search bar appearing twice: I am using Win 10 Pro. Just after recent update to build version 18363.657, I noticed that Control Panel search bar is appearing twice and only the left search box is allowing me to type. Also with Control Panel open if I click on Search Box in task bar the control panel...
  8. The "Control panel" search bar is not working.

in Cortana
    The "Control panel" search bar is not working.: Yup .. as you see in the subject The "Control panel" search bar is not working. I can't type any thing , not just that .. I tried to click at the search bar, but yeah it's also not working. when you open the "Control panel" and you want to search about something, you...
  9. Control Panel Search Bar

in Cortana
    Control Panel Search Bar: When i type the first character in the control panel's search bar it does not show the result of the programs that started with that character unless i press enter which is really annoying.In past i was typing one letter and windows was giving results without me pressing...
  10. i cant open settings/search bar

i cant open settings/search bar: when i was watching a video on youtube i put it on fullscreen and my taskbar didnt go away, so i decided to go to task manager and fix it by going to windows explorer and restarting the task. i accidentally had clicked end task and the taskbar had went away completely. i then...