Windows 10: Can't search in the search box or taskbar in Windows 10, nor start menu and action bar is...

Discus and support Can't search in the search box or taskbar in Windows 10, nor start menu and action bar is... in Cortana to solve the problem; I created a new local admin account on my computer. On this account I cannot use the search bar or use keys to search the start menu for programs etc.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Soerendip, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Soerendip Win User

Can't search in the search box or taskbar in Windows 10, nor start menu and action bar is...

I created a new local admin account on my computer. On this account I cannot use the search bar or use keys to search the start menu for programs etc. Also, clicking on the actions icon on the right hand side does not open the actions menu. I tried quite a lot of stuff.

http://woshub.com/start-menu-taskbar-search-not-working-windows-10/

Reindexing, restarting search and explorer, recreate the profile etc. and nothing worked.

Why can I not select and copy text from the winver windows?

Version 1909 Build 18363.900.

:)

Soerendip, Jul 5, 2020

2. No search box on taskbar Can't search in the search box or taskbar in Windows 10, nor start menu and action bar is... :(

Hi Keith,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern about search box in Windows 10.

Please try the below and check if you can see search bar on taskbar:

Steps:

• Right click on Taskbar, move the mouse cursor on to
      Search
      option.
    • Select Show Search icon (You will see Search icon beside Start)
    • Select Show search bar (You will see Search bar beside Start)

Check with the above and let us know if it helps, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 5, 2020
  3. I_askYou Win User
    Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Can't search in the search box or taskbar in Windows 10, nor start menu and action bar is...

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Can't search in the search box or taskbar in Windows 10, nor start menu and action bar is...

1. Can't search in the search box or taskbar in Windows 10, nor start menu and action bar is... - Similar Threads - Can't search search

2. Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it: The tray also randomly appears, even when in a fullscreen application. It seems to be consistent and always refreshes when it appears. I tried using the Virtual Agent and the Troubleshooter, with no success. I have no idea what caused this, it started randomly yesterday, and...
  3. Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it: The tray also randomly appears, even when in a fullscreen application. It seems to be consistent and always refreshes when it appears. I tried using the Virtual Agent and the Troubleshooter, with no success. I have no idea what caused this, it started randomly yesterday, and...
  4. Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

in Cortana
  5. Can't type in start menu search bar?

in Cortana
    Can't type in start menu search bar?: Today i started facing this issue after i set my system's locale to japan so i could run some software.The language options on the bottom right of the bar disappeared and suddenly I wasn't able to type anything in the search box of the start menu. or the settings. I tried...
  6. Windows 10: Can't type in search box or in start menu.

in Cortana
    Windows 10: Can't type in search box or in start menu.: Hello, I've been using my new Windows 10 PC for less than a day and am unable to type into the Windows 10 search box/bar. Also, setting the search bar to display the search icon instead, and then clicking on the icon does not make a search bar appear nothing happens. Showing...
  7. search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working: Hello, no idea why but typing in my start menu and search box suddenly doesn't work. Oddly after playing around with powershell and some tips online (see below) I have gone from nothing appearing in the search box when I type to only the first character of whatever I type...
  8. No Search Bar in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Search Bar in Start Menu: Hello, My start menu has no search bar. I looked this up on the forum, and one answer was to go into Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> check mark the box for 'Windows Search' -> Reboot. Problem 1: 'Windows Search' is not on my list...
  9. Start Menu Search Bar

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Bar: Prior versions of windows allowed me to hit the handy-dandy start-menu button, type a document name in the search bar, and recent documents I pulled up with the search words would show up - the charm of that feature was that I could close a document or spreadsheet confident...
  10. Start Menu Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Search Bar: [ATTACH] I messed up something and now when ever i type something in the start menu search bar, i see a preview pane like something (containing open,open file location,pin to start,pin to taskbar)beside the search results.I don't want my search bar like this, i want my...