Windows 10: Can't search in the Windows button or File Explorer since the latest update

Discus and support Can't search in the Windows button or File Explorer since the latest update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title says it all, I've tried restarting my PC and ending the File Explorer task in Task Manager. It seems to have only started when I updated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SaltPrinter, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Can't search in the Windows button or File Explorer since the latest update

Title says it all, I've tried restarting my PC and ending the File Explorer task in Task Manager. It seems to have only started when I updated.

submitted by /u/SaltPrinter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SaltPrinter, Oct 8, 2020

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Oct 8, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Can't search in the Windows button or File Explorer since the latest update

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't search in the Windows button or File Explorer since the latest update

1. Can't search in the Windows button or File Explorer since the latest update - Similar Threads - Can't search button

2. Can't search in file explorer or main search

in Cortana
    Can't search in file explorer or main search: Hello.I noticed that suddenly, in windows 10, the main search section, next to start button, does not respond when I click on it. So I cannot search anything there.Also, in file explorer, among the folders documents, pictures, music and videos, I cannot search in those...
  3. Can't search in file explorer or main search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't search in file explorer or main search: Hello.I noticed that suddenly, in windows 10, the main search section, next to start button, does not respond when I click on it. So I cannot search anything there.Also, in file explorer, among the folders documents, pictures, music and videos, I cannot search in those...
  4. Can't search in file explorer or main search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 search color not matching since latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 search color not matching since latest update: [ATTACH] My entire search box was blue up until the last update. Now, the box displaying the details of the result is black. More specifically, it has a pure black frame, and a slightly less dark background, if that makes sense. As you can see on the other window, the...
  6. File explorer - Search button

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer - Search button: In file explorer i cannot use the search button when I press the left side of my mouse it freezes the whole program. I have got it too work sometimes but not always. I think it may have something to do with Windows Update. I've tried everything to fix it. Can someone...
  7. Problem with File explorer and Settings, and search button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with File explorer and Settings, and search button: [ATTACH]Okay, so a few things i need to point out with this windows 10 situation before i start, I have been slightly ignoring an issue i had for like almost a monthwhich is the file explorer issue. The issue is basically this: -I cannot open file explorer through the...
  8. Ghost Files Since Latest Windows Update

Ghost Files Since Latest Windows Update: Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.264). Ever since this update I notice I have random file remnants on my desktop. I usually gave no files on my desktop and put some on there temporarily before deleting them. I've noticed some of them remain there and when I try to delete them...
  9. Search button/bar/file explorer not working

Search button/bar/file explorer not working: I can't click any of the search buttons at all (they don't do anything). I have rebuilt the index, reset apps to default and restarted computer multiple times. I'm on insider build 19041.264 (version 2004). submitted by /u/AeonCaptain [link] [comments]...
  10. Can't print since latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't print since latest Windows 10 Update: When I try to print I'm forced to a login screen for something called One Note. I have no idea what this is. I even logged in then got dumped to what looks like a window where I can write things. This happens no matter what program I want to print from....