Windows 10: Can't search in Windows 10 every search bar hangs up when I type and same with "type here...

Discus and support Can't search in Windows 10 every search bar hangs up when I type and same with "type here... in Cortana to solve the problem; I can't search anything in my windows10 the search bar hangs every time i try to type something and start menu's " type here to search " bar won't... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Vedantkumar, May 15, 2020.

1. Can't search in Windows 10 every search bar hangs up when I type and same with "type here...

I can't search anything in my windows10 the search bar hangs every time i try to type something and start menu's " type here to search " bar won't respond and sometimes gives me Runtimebroker.exe - system error i have tried rebuilding index ,restarting explorer and DISM fix but nothing the "type here to search"opens and closes and sometimes it disappears please help .

this is what is showing in event viewer.

Faulting application name: SearchUI.exe, version: 10.0.18362.752, time stamp: 0x5e7049d9
    Faulting module name: ConstraintIndex.Search.dll, version: 10.0.18362.207, time stamp: 0x5d0b11a3
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000b4cb9
    Faulting process id: 0xac0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d62a8d73543c08
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ConstraintIndex.Search.dll
    Report Id: 73650256-bf78-465a-adcf-b27d14fe03d4
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.13.0.18362_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Faulting package-relative application ID: CortanaUI

:)

Vedantkumar, May 15, 2020
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, May 15, 2020
  3. Geosammy Win User
    Can't Type In Search Bar and Windows 10 Built-in Apps.

Hello,
    I've been having this issue for quite a while, even before the last major update.
    Seems like I can't find a way to correct it.
    If I bring up the search bar, by right-clicking on the Windows Logo Icon within the taskbar.
    Then select search.
    I'm unable to type anything into the search box.

Can't search in Windows 10 every search bar hangs up when I type and same with "type here... [​IMG]

However, I can type into notepad, copy that text and past it into the search bar.
    This also works for other Windows 10 built-in apps, for which typing text is required.
    The keyboard I'm using is the Logitech G413, which is only a few months old.
    I've also moved the USB cables to a different port, without any effect.
    I've also tried a secondary keyboard, the Cooler Master NovaTouch TKL and this keyboard also shows the same behavior. No matter which USB port it's connected to.
    I've also tried using the on-screen keyboard, and this also will not type into the search bar, or Windows 10 built-in apps.Any suggestions?

Geosammy, May 15, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Can't search in Windows 10 every search bar hangs up when I type and same with "type here...

Can't type in Search bars or login bar in browser.

Hi,

This can be caused by corrupted system files. To help resolve the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by Abdul_Malik in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving the same issue. After doing so, try using
    the search bar and see if you can type anything on it.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't search in Windows 10 every search bar hangs up when I type and same with "type here...

1. Can't search in Windows 10 every search bar hangs up when I type and same with "type here... - Similar Threads - Can't search every

2. Type Here To Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Type Here To Search: I've noticed that when I try to use the type here to search it is no longer working. Every time I type in anything it just closes on me and doesn't work. I've restarted my PC several times and it still doesn't work. Anyone know the fix for this? Thanks...
  3. Type Here To Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Type Here To Search: I've noticed that when I try to use the type here to search it is no longer working. Every time I type in anything it just closes on me and doesn't work. I've restarted my PC several times and it still doesn't work. Anyone know the fix for this? Thanks...
  4. type here to search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    type here to search: this is happening with me please help type here to search box is becoming black and not responding [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/977fa735-afae-49ac-8eed-f756aa896431
  5. Type Search Here

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type Search Here: My type search here feature in Windows 10 no longer works. What can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-search-here/3b340d25-a504-417c-8aac-6f9bcec2b5e7
  6. Can'search in Windows 10 every search bar hangs up when I type and same with "type here to...

in Cortana
    Can'search in Windows 10 every search bar hangs up when I type and same with "type here to...: I can't search anything in my windows10 the search bar hangs every time i try to type something and start menu's " type here to search " bar won't respond and sometimes gives me Runtimebroker.exe - system error i have tried rebuilding index ,restarting explorer and DISM fix...
  7. Windows Search Type here to search

in Cortana
    Windows Search Type here to search: Windows Search Type here to search not working I have re-indexed search I can't get the mouse bar to stay in the search space. Mouse works everywhere but not in the search box. It seems that it is greyed-out. Help...
  8. Type here to search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type here to search: Is there any way of making the box "type here to search" any smaller. I would just like to see the magnifying glass icon only. Win 10 Home. 145270
  9. Type here to search Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Type here to search Bar: Since the latest Windows update the search bar has changed. I would like to know how to change this as I do not like the new feature See screen Print attached It would be appreciated if someone could kindly assist me in resolving this issue 135487
  10. "Type here to search"

in Cortana
    "Type here to search": I cannot access this tab. It isn't working. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/19a9d6fe-7e9b-4e45-a87b-b5b6934d11b9"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows dont have search bar

2. : SearchUI.exe Version: 10.0.18362.752 # 0x5e7049d9

3. searchui.exe 0x5d0b11a3