Windows 10: Can't search Settings and control panel on windows search

Discus and support Can't search Settings and control panel on windows search in Cortana to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro and after that I cant search settings and control panel components under windows search.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Nestor NoelPascua, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Can't search Settings and control panel on windows search

I recently upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro and after that I cant search settings and control panel components under windows search.

:)

Nestor NoelPascua, Nov 18, 2020

2. No settings or control panel items in search.

I also had control panel items missing in Win 10 search.
    This forum post
    worked, now I can search for control panel items again!

Edit: Nevermind, I see this was already suggested 1 page back

Dirkvan der Laarse, Nov 18, 2020
  3. MattSD Win User
    Search Of the Immersive Control Panel Not Working

Can't search the setting panel (Metro). For example, as I enter "Windows Update" or just "Update" in the search box of the setting panel, no setting options coming out in the result list, no windows update appear in the drop down list. Almost any setting
    options in the setting panel can't be search for, but control panel settings works fine.

MattSD, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Can't search Settings and control panel on windows search

Windows 10 Search for Control Panel Results Not Clickable.

Hi Steve,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with using search bar on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in search bar settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "any search result that is Control Panel related", are you referring to accessing the settings inside Control Panel through search bar?

I suggest you to turn off Cortana from the settings.

1. Open Cortana.

2. Then click on Notebook symbol.

3. Click on Settings.

4. Then turn off Cortana.

5. Then check if you are able to search Control Panel properly in the search bar.

6. After that again turn on Cortana.

I suggest you to send the screenshot of the issue in the next post for better understanding of the problem.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using search bar in Windows 10
    , we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't search Settings and control panel on windows search

1. Can't search Settings and control panel on windows search - Similar Threads - Can't search Settings

2. Can't open settings, control panel or type anything into search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open settings, control panel or type anything into search bar: Hello! I have a HUGEEEEEE problem because i can't use the search bar or the settings menu OR THE CONTROL PANEL, which i desperately need right now and if i can it just starts flickering like i'm vigorously scrolling down, i try to scroll up but it's just bottoming out by...
  3. No settings and control panel appearing in windows search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No settings and control panel appearing in windows search: I recently upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. Before upgrading, all things are working fine. Here's the link of the problem: https://imgur.com/m78uGHL submitted by /u/nesteazxc [link] [comments]...
  4. CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR

in Cortana
    CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR: Whenever i try to type something in the search bar it doesnt type anything but my keyboard is working on google and other programs. I have tried writing the commands in powershell and command prompt, disabled all programs, doing the indexing thing etc. but it is still not...
  5. Two search box in control panel and no auto search

in Cortana
    Two search box in control panel and no auto search: [IMG] What is happening ? Cumulative update released previously stated that this issue rendering search box in allocated space or somthing has been fixed.Installed that and no good. Again in v1909 auto search during typing keywords in control panel search box is gone. I...
  6. The "Control panel" search bar is not working.

in Cortana
    The "Control panel" search bar is not working.: Yup .. as you see in the subject The "Control panel" search bar is not working. I can't type any thing , not just that .. I tried to click at the search bar, but yeah it's also not working. when you open the "Control panel" and you want to search about something, you...
  7. I can't enter text in "search control panel"

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't enter text in "search control panel": I can enter text in the taskbar search box but not in the control panel search box. My mouse cursor won't even go there. There's a workaround by making the icons tiny but it's disconcerting since the laptop is brand new. 147669
  8. Control Panel Search Bar

in Cortana
    Control Panel Search Bar: When i type the first character in the control panel's search bar it does not show the result of the programs that started with that character unless i press enter which is really annoying.In past i was typing one letter and windows was giving results without me pressing...
  9. Windows 10 Search not indexing settings app and control panel

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search not indexing settings app and control panel: I am running Windows 10 Pro 1809 on a Dell XPS 15 For some reason, search does not show any results from the settings app or the control panel. I have tried rebuilding the index, checking for the index in...
  10. Search results of settings and control panel are in different language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search results of settings and control panel are in different language: I'm from Belgium, so my Windows 10 is in Dutch. To try something, I changed the display langugae to English. Everything was English, no problem. But when I changed it back to Dutch, everything changed back to Dutch except the search results of settings and control panel....