Windows 10: Can't search the web using windows search box in the task bar

Discus and support Can't search the web using windows search box in the task bar in Cortana to solve the problem; Normally, when I press the Windows key and type something in the search bar which is not the name of a local file and press Enter, I would be able to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Anh Nguyen Quy, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Can't search the web using windows search box in the task bar

Normally, when I press the Windows key and type something in the search bar which is not the name of a local file and press Enter, I would be able to search the web for that thing. However, for some reasons, I can't do that now. See screen shot below. I have searched Google for solutions, and I have tried reinstalling Coratana using Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.Windows.Cortana Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml”} but it didn't help. I also can't open Cortana settings the notebook button has disappeared and there's no Cortana option when I right click the task bar, when I open Settings and click on Cortana all I see is the screenshot below. How can I search the web using the search box and fully reinstall Cortana again? Can't search the web using windows search box in the task bar 9f72a924-5891-4f59-8297-c6907ecc7749?upload=true.png Can't search the web using windows search box in the task bar 96d34079-2c0d-4be3-9797-3b8e6bec0b0a?upload=true.png

:)

Anh Nguyen Quy, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

how to remove "search the web and windows'' from the task bar

You're just failing to follow the steps properly. That's all.

Be sure to right click on an empty area of your taskbar, click on Search in the context menu, and then click on Disabled like below.

Can't search the web using windows search box in the task bar [​IMG]

If you don't see this above, then please post a screenshot of what you see when you right click on your taskbar.

Brink, Aug 18, 2020
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 18, 2020
  4. idigweeds Win User

Can't search the web using windows search box in the task bar

How to I disable web search in the task bar search box in May 2020 Windows 10?

How to I disable web search in the task bar search box in May 2020 Windows 10?

idigweeds, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't search the web using windows search box in the task bar

1. Can't search the web using windows search box in the task bar - Similar Threads - Can't search web

2. Search Box in Task bar not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Box in Task bar not working.: The Search box in my Task Bar suddenly stopped working. It won't let me type anything. does not even show the curser. I tried restarting and it still does not work. I am running Windows 10. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated....
  3. Search Box in Task bar not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Box in Task bar not working.: The Search box in my Task Bar suddenly stopped working. It won't let me type anything. does not even show the curser. I tried restarting and it still does not work. I am running Windows 10. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated....
  4. Search Box in Task bar not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10: Primarily in the beginning when i type anything other than the existing files i.e non existing file. It used to give me bing suggestions and then would redirect me to the edge website when clicked on the web suggestion. But now the web suggestions are not shown. How to...
  6. Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10

in Cortana
    Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10: Primarily in the beginning when i type anything other than the existing files i.e non existing file. It used to give me bing suggestions and then would redirect me to the edge website when clicked on the web suggestion. But now the web suggestions are not shown. How to...
  7. Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to I disable web search in the task bar search box in May 2020 Windows 10?

in Cortana
    How to I disable web search in the task bar search box in May 2020 Windows 10?: How to I disable web search in the task bar search box in May 2020 Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-disable-web-search-in-the-task-bar-search/70c15b4d-bed8-4bc6-877c-17ffd648dd9b
  9. search box on task bar

search box on task bar: i have no search box on my taskbar and no "show hidden taskbar button" when i right click on the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-task-bar/25f599a6-b4b1-4f2c-b981-a63516008d53
  10. Search the web task bar removal

Search the web task bar removal: I am trying to get rid of the search the web toolbar at the top of my screen, nothing that is on the web about this works for me. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-the-web-task-bar-removal/9d2a2fec-756b-46a9-838e-8c16c3134783