Windows 10: Can't Search

Discus and support Can't Search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It is really annoying that I can't search. I was wanting to know if I had a specific photo, but when I try to search, the search bar just flashes grey... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Spottedfeather, May 24, 2021.

1. Can't Search

It is really annoying that I can't search. I was wanting to know if I had a specific photo, but when I try to search, the search bar just flashes grey for a second. I've tried every way of searching my computer has, but nothing works. I've read this is a common problem on Windows 10. I've found some programs that say they work, but none of them will install. When I click them to install, the blue box with the suitcase logo pops up for a second, but then it disappears, even though it appears it was trying to open. I don't know what to do.

:)

Spottedfeather, May 24, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 24, 2021
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. fussybob Win User

Can't Search

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, May 24, 2021
Thema:

Can't Search

1. Can't Search - Similar Threads - Can't Search

2. Why can't my Windows 11 File search find basic files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't my Windows 11 File search find basic files?: I recently switched from windows 10 to windows 11 and after the update, my search function either only finds mor recent files or none at all. For example in these pictures: I am trying to find a file called "Explosion croma key green screen" which i am certain i have because...
  3. Why can't my Windows 11 File search find basic files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't my Windows 11 File search find basic files?: I recently switched from windows 10 to windows 11 and after the update, my search function either only finds mor recent files or none at all. For example in these pictures: I am trying to find a file called "Explosion croma key green screen" which i am certain i have because...
  4. I can't access my windows account, the settings and the search bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my windows account, the settings and the search bar.: Hello, i have been running into a problem recently, i can't access my windows account and the search bar and windows button don't work either. i tried using shortcuts but with no results therefore i can't access any of my files. And everytime i want to open an online document...
  5. I can't access my windows account, the settings and the search bar.

I can't access my windows account, the settings and the search bar.: Hello, i have been running into a problem recently, i can't access my windows account and the search bar and windows button don't work either. i tried using shortcuts but with no results therefore i can't access any of my files. And everytime i want to open an online document...
  6. I can't search for anything on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't search for anything on windows 11: I have many applications and when I type them in to the search bar nothing shows up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-search-for-anything-on-windows-11/ea69ddba-3ba7-43c2-9bdd-24828fcf8184
  7. I can't search for anything on windows 11

I can't search for anything on windows 11: I have many applications and when I type them in to the search bar nothing shows up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-search-for-anything-on-windows-11/ea69ddba-3ba7-43c2-9bdd-24828fcf8184
  8. I have upgraded my windows to windows 11pro but i can't find Microsoft store in search...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have upgraded my windows to windows 11pro but i can't find Microsoft store in search...: I can't get even the Microsoft edge and other system apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-upgraded-my-windows-to-windows-11pro-but-i/1d672b95-1a1a-46d5-b42b-d3e6b4149603
  9. I have upgraded my windows to windows 11pro but i can't find Microsoft store in search...

I have upgraded my windows to windows 11pro but i can't find Microsoft store in search...: I can't get even the Microsoft edge and other system apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-upgraded-my-windows-to-windows-11pro-but-i/1d672b95-1a1a-46d5-b42b-d3e6b4149603
  10. Why can't I search files in Windows 11

Why can't I search files in Windows 11: Ever since updating to Windows 11, files are no longer searchable in Explorer. I can put in the entire file name and the results still say no results are found. This is very annoying....