Windows 10: cant see 802.11 on properties for network adaptor

Discus and support cant see 802.11 on properties for network adaptor in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot see the 802.11 section when on my properties for my LAN network adaptor i have updated drivers and still nothing, any help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OliverCulver, Jun 3, 2020.

1. cant see 802.11 on properties for network adaptor

I cannot see the 802.11 section when on my properties for my LAN network adaptor i have updated drivers and still nothing, any help?

:)

OliverCulver, Jun 3, 2020

2. Network adaptor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: Try updating the latest Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

• Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.
    For games I suggest you to disable the proxy settings and then try to download the games.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Network adaptor

I won't click Me Too because not sure it's identical.

NB: apparently for some problems going to Network Adaptor in Device Mgr and doing UnInstall is step 1.

Reboot re-installs it auto-magically. Which is step 2.

Alas, I ended up with Driver up to date, Adaptor working fine, but
    "Missing Protocol"
    which halts cable network

So no LAN.

BernardBenTremblay, Jun 3, 2020
  4. cant see 802.11 on properties for network adaptor

Windows Display Adaptor Can't resolve a web page after connected

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

Since the above steps did not help to fix the issue, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Follow the below methods.

The issue you are facing may occur due to the network adapter driver is outdated. I suggest you to run Network troubleshooter and let us know the status.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Network troubleshooter and check.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Network troubleshooter.

• Click on Advanced on the Network troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Network troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps provided.

Method 2.

I would suggest you to update network driver manually and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Network adaptor and right click on it and
      Network adaptor and update the driver.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

cant see 802.11 on properties for network adaptor

1. cant see 802.11 on properties for network adaptor - Similar Threads - cant 802 properties

2. No network adaptor driver windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No network adaptor driver windows 11: Hello, I recently purchased an Asus Vivobook 15 X1502. After installing Windows 11 everything worked perfectly until I noticed I dont have a wifi icon. On the Asus Download Center, i cant manage to find a driver suitable for this model in order to fix my problem, all i see...
  3. No network adaptor driver windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No network adaptor driver windows 11: Hello, I recently purchased an Asus Vivobook 15 X1502. After installing Windows 11 everything worked perfectly until I noticed I dont have a wifi icon. On the Asus Download Center, i cant manage to find a driver suitable for this model in order to fix my problem, all i see...
  4. Network adaptors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adaptors: I have a surface 3 laptop running on windows 10 with wifi modem.Suddenly stopped working with message ‘No internet detected’. Toggled power on laptop and modem, no joy. wifi is fine on other devices so no issues with wifi as such. Advised to install a wifi usb which got me...
  5. Network adaptors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adaptors: I have a surface 3 laptop running on windows 10 with wifi modem.Suddenly stopped working with message ‘No internet detected’. Toggled power on laptop and modem, no joy. wifi is fine on other devices so no issues with wifi as such. Advised to install a wifi usb which got me...
  6. Network adaptors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Network adaptor

Network adaptor: Hello i am trying to reinstall my network adpotor for my windows 10 pc. I just got this pc and i was trying to figure out why i could not connect to internet when i Deleted my network adpotor. When ever i try to do a hardware scan it does not pop up again. Please someone...
  8. Cant see computers on network.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant see computers on network.: I cant get to them via \\computer name, but the machine cannot see itself or others in the list. Other can reach the machine via \\computer name, but it doesnt show up on in the networl/computer list. DNS CLIENTFUNCTION automatic DISCOVERY RESOURCE automatic SSDP Discovery...
  9. wifi adaptor properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi adaptor properties: how do I change the properties on my qualcom Atheros AR946x to the AdHoc 802.11n so i can use the 5g band on my router https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adaptor-properties/4581968d-06fc-4820-b57f-19d251a25c84
  10. network adaptors

network adaptors: i have just installed a usb network adaptor on my pc can i link the pc adaptor to the usb adaptor to boost signal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adaptors/543b3297-9579-4534-b667-70621a16baaf