Windows 10: Can't see all files/folders in Program Files

Discus and support Can't see all files/folders in Program Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I ran a program that created some files and folders in C:\Program Files\Utilities\NewApp. I can see the files and folders using NewApp's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by supe, Aug 28, 2016.

1. supe Win User

Can't see all files/folders in Program Files

Hi,

I ran a program that created some files and folders in C:\Program Files\Utilities\NewApp. I can see the files and folders using NewApp's browser, but I could NOT see them in Explorer.

I now realize that I can only see NewApp's created files and folders in Explorer if I run the application as administrator.

My question is, how do I retrieve the files that were created earlier, when I wasn't running as admin? How can I see them in Explorer?

:)

2. How do I find the files I saved in a Program Files folder?

1) No, I am unable to access the original files, that are saved insidea program files subfolder.

2) I don't have write permission inside the program files folders, to my understanding. I could give myself write permission (I think), then run the program, open the files using the program's "open" function, and save them again. But if I'm going through
    the trouble of saving all of them again (and it would be a lot of trouble, there are too many files), it would be better to save them in a folder where I have write permission anyway, like a documents subfolder.

3) The issue is, when I open the folder where my files are saved at (Program Files->Program->User Files) using the file explorer, everything I've saved in there in the past year is just not... there. I can't see it. I've enabled hidden files, and I still
    can't see them. However when I run the program and click File, then Open, this same folder includes all the files I've saved in there, and I can select and run them.

Sorry for the lack of clarity.

Grigorios Tsimilas, Aug 28, 2016
  3. Can't see files in a folder

Hi,

It's important to take note and remember the library or folder location where you extracted the zipped files. Also, based on the screenshot, you're currently viewing the
    Quick Access tab on the File Explorer. In this case, if you can't find a certain file on your computer, try to search it using the
    Search box on the taskbar. If you're able to locate the folder, but it's empty, it could be that the files are hidden. You can show those files by following the steps from this article:
    Show hidden files.

For further assistance regarding this concern, feel free to reach us back.

Marque Lor, Aug 28, 2016
Thema:

Can't see all files/folders in Program Files

1. Can't see all files/folders in Program Files - Similar Threads - Can't files folders

2. Can't see Files in a Folder Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see Files in a Folder Error: I can't see on my desktop my folders or what's in them and the pictures as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-files-in-a-folder-error/f62eb12e-4490-4108-a48e-1939300f90e9
  3. “ENE” File folder in Program Files and Programs Files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    “ENE” File folder in Program Files and Programs Files x86: This is this weird file which i dont know what it does. For Program Files x86, there is this application that doesnt even do. What does this file do?...
  4. unable to see startup program in the folder taskmanager and file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to see startup program in the folder taskmanager and file explorer: Hello Team , i am not able to see any programmes running in startup folder however there are some apps like skype,screenshot,whatsapp are running as system starts tried creating new user as well . attaching screeshot [ATTACH][ATTACH] suggest some measure to solve...
  5. Program Files Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Files Folder: Is there any possible way to Transfer all the files from the Program Files/x86 Folder to "Program Files". . . I know what the difference is, but I was wondering if I could have ONE Program Files Folder. 159564
  6. How to see all files installed by a program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to see all files installed by a program?: If we take for example Google Chrome, there are files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google" and there are some files in "C:\users\username\appdata\local\Google". My question is, how can I know where a program files are? submitted by /u/Rachid90 [link] [comments]...
  7. Can't see all saved files in Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see all saved files in Paint 3D: I want to use previously saved projects in Paint 3D. From the new project I'm working on I click on menu. This takes me to the screen where the saved projects are displayed, however I can only see one recovered project and three saved projects underneath that. There is a...
  8. program file folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program file folders: how do I access program file folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-file-folders/679d72e1-3c91-47fe-af67-036d66f42880
  9. Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?: Hi, I was wondering how important the two mentioned folders are when installing a software. I know most programs suggest being installed to one of them, but it is really necessary? What happens if I choose another folder? I use the game client Steam for example. It...
  10. Can't delete Windows and all Program-files-files(x86)-data folders why

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete Windows and all Program-files-files(x86)-data folders why: In D: drive i have the old windows. I didn't uninstalled them i just installed new windows on C: The drive D: was C: but now the drives switched. Now in C: i have the new installed windows 10 and it's working fine. But on D: i have the old windows folder and also the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cant see program files