Windows 10: Can't see all files/folders in Program Files

Discus and support Can't see all files/folders in Program Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I ran a program that created some files and folders in C:\Program Files\Utilities\NewApp. I can see the files and folders using NewApp's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by supe, Aug 28, 2016.

1. supe Win User

Can't see all files/folders in Program Files

Hi,

I ran a program that created some files and folders in C:\Program Files\Utilities\NewApp. I can see the files and folders using NewApp's browser, but I could NOT see them in Explorer.

I now realize that I can only see NewApp's created files and folders in Explorer if I run the application as administrator.

My question is, how do I retrieve the files that were created earlier, when I wasn't running as admin? How can I see them in Explorer?

:)

2. How do I find the files I saved in a Program Files folder?

1) No, I am unable to access the original files, that are saved insidea program files subfolder.

2) I don't have write permission inside the program files folders, to my understanding. I could give myself write permission (I think), then run the program, open the files using the program's "open" function, and save them again. But if I'm going through
    the trouble of saving all of them again (and it would be a lot of trouble, there are too many files), it would be better to save them in a folder where I have write permission anyway, like a documents subfolder.

3) The issue is, when I open the folder where my files are saved at (Program Files->Program->User Files) using the file explorer, everything I've saved in there in the past year is just not... there. I can't see it. I've enabled hidden files, and I still
    can't see them. However when I run the program and click File, then Open, this same folder includes all the files I've saved in there, and I can select and run them.

Sorry for the lack of clarity.

Grigorios Tsimilas, Aug 28, 2016
  3. Can't see files in a folder

Hi,

It's important to take note and remember the library or folder location where you extracted the zipped files. Also, based on the screenshot, you're currently viewing the
    Quick Access tab on the File Explorer. In this case, if you can't find a certain file on your computer, try to search it using the
    Search box on the taskbar. If you're able to locate the folder, but it's empty, it could be that the files are hidden. You can show those files by following the steps from this article:
    Show hidden files.

For further assistance regarding this concern, feel free to reach us back.

Marque Lor, Aug 28, 2016
Thema:

Can't see all files/folders in Program Files

1. Can't see all files/folders in Program Files - Similar Threads - Can't files folders

2. Restoring Program Files folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Program Files folder: Hello, So if i were to uninstall a program via add or remove programs and then deleted the application folder that windows 10 leaves behind after uninstalling the application in the program files or the program files (x86) folder, would system restore revert those changes as...
  3. Cannot view files in program files folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot view files in program files folder: Hi, I am using ExpressVPN - my printer won't work when connected to the VPN so I am trying to specify in the VPN software that the printer bypasses the VPN. This requires me to specify the printer app. I am assuming the printer app (HP Smart) is located in Program...
  4. program file folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program file folders: how do I access program file folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-file-folders/679d72e1-3c91-47fe-af67-036d66f42880
  5. Can't See Hidden Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't See Hidden Files: I ran into a recent problem where I can no longer see hidden folders or files. Yesterday or the day before I could but now I can't . On the drive and folder my hidden folder is in, when I go to re-select the View and then click the Hidden Item box, the menu closes without...
  6. Can't delete Programs files and program files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete Programs files and program files x86: I am trying to change what disk i am using so i copied over the program files and program files x86 but i can't delete the old it just says file is still open but nothing else is open...
  7. Mysterious Folder in Program Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Folder in Program Files: I have a strange folder in C:\Program Files (x86) called "My Company Name" and inside it another one called "My Product Name". This one is empty. My ESET Smart Security found nothing. I can't figure it out where it came from. Is this malware? 23506
  8. Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?: Hi, I was wondering how important the two mentioned folders are when installing a software. I know most programs suggest being installed to one of them, but it is really necessary? What happens if I choose another folder? I use the game client Steam for example. It...
  9. Can't delete Windows and all Program-files-files(x86)-data folders why

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete Windows and all Program-files-files(x86)-data folders why: In D: drive i have the old windows. I didn't uninstalled them i just installed new windows on C: The drive D: was C: but now the drives switched. Now in C: i have the new installed windows 10 and it's working fine. But on D: i have the old windows folder and also the...
  10. Can't See Wife's Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't See Wife's Files: I am using my wife's notebook. I changed the login to my name. Now I see all the files, etc I have created, but none of the old files. I don't recall that account user name either. When I login, the login screen is not showing other accounts. It goes directly to mine. Note, I...