Windows 10: Can't see any files in 'regular' folders, ie Documents, Downloads, etc after Storage Sense...

Discus and support Can't see any files in 'regular' folders, ie Documents, Downloads, etc after Storage Sense... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi:: Turned Storage Sense on, then decided to delete some temporary files. After 1 hour+, hadn’t finished ? Then rebooted my PC, now Explorer shows NO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GerryCarey, May 1, 2019.

1. Can't see any files in 'regular' folders, ie Documents, Downloads, etc after Storage Sense...

Hi:: Turned Storage Sense on, then decided to delete some temporary files. After 1 hour+, hadn’t finished ? Then rebooted my PC, now Explorer shows NO files in Documents, Downloads, Videos, Pictures, Music. But if I search from the C: drive with names or parts of names of files, I find all my files. But this is clumsy to work with! Is there an EASY way to have my files re-appear in their proper folders, Documents, Downloads, etc ???? Thanks in advance.

:)

GerryCarey, May 1, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 1, 2019
  3. Files folders and storage

Hi Peter,

We need more information to be bale to help you better with this issue. Are you facing any issues when saving the word documents or when composing any documents?

If the issue is with saving documents, where are you trying to save them and what is the error message displayed?

I would suggest you to check if the users folder is displayed as "read only'. Open File Explorer, click on the driver where windows is installed, and open the users folder. Right click on the users folder, and then check in the general tab, if it is shown
    as 'read only'. If yes, I would suggest you to try these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are

located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child

object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click

Ok.

Bennet Martin, May 1, 2019
  4. roy111 Win User

Can't see any files in 'regular' folders, ie Documents, Downloads, etc after Storage Sense...

Specify Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder in Windows 10

Hi, first of all let me thank you for the detailed tutorial.

There is one point that I do not find clear:

What do you mean with "Storage Sense can now turn itself on" ?

I see there is a switch that can turn on/off storage sense, my storage sense is now disabled

Can't see any files in 'regular' folders, ie Documents, Downloads, etc after Storage Sense... [​IMG]

what happen when I'll be low on spage, will files be removed, meaning that it will turn itself on and files will be removed even if the swictch is "disabled"?

Thanks.

roy111, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Can't see any files in 'regular' folders, ie Documents, Downloads, etc after Storage Sense...

1. Can't see any files in 'regular' folders, ie Documents, Downloads, etc after Storage Sense... - Similar Threads - Can't files 'regular'

2. Is there any way to see what files Storage Sense has deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to see what files Storage Sense has deleted?: I had some files that I needed for school and I believe storage sense deleted them. Is there a way to see what files were deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-see-what-files-storage-sense/10dd3805-e8e1-4956-beb3-ed9bc9e26ad8
  3. Is there any way to see what files Storage Sense has deleted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to see what files Storage Sense has deleted?: I had some files that I needed for school and I believe storage sense deleted them. Is there a way to see what files were deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-see-what-files-storage-sense/10dd3805-e8e1-4956-beb3-ed9bc9e26ad8
  4. Is there any way to see what files Storage Sense has deleted?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Storage Sense and Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Sense and Downloads folder: I was trying to free disk space, searched on Storage and got to Storage Sense. I clicked on an option about deleting files in the Downloads folder, expecting a more complete description or warning about what would happen next. But it deleted all files including files in...
  6. Storage Sense and Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Sense and Downloads folder: I was trying to free disk space, searched on Storage and got to Storage Sense. I clicked on an option about deleting files in the Downloads folder, expecting a more complete description or warning about what would happen next. But it deleted all files including files in...
  7. Storage Sense and Downloads folder

8. Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder: I turned Storage Sense on a few weeks ago and set it to run every day. I also have Storage Sense set to delete files in my Downloads folder if they haven't been opened for more than 30 days.However, nothing seems to be getting deleted from my Downloads folder, even though I...
  9. Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder

Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder: I turned Storage Sense on a few weeks ago and set it to run every day. I also have Storage Sense set to delete files in my Downloads folder if they haven't been opened for more than 30 days.However, nothing seems to be getting deleted from my Downloads folder, even though I...
  10. Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Sense is not deleting old files in the Downloads folder: Here are my settings for Storage Sense. However I have waited for 2 days now and files older than 1 day are still in the recycle bin (see below). [ATTACH] Downloads folder: [ATTACH] The files can be deleted manually and are also deleted when running storage sense...