Windows 10: Cant see computers on network shares

Discus and support Cant see computers on network shares in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 computers on the network. All have shared folders . My problem is as follows. Lets call the computers c2, c3, c4. I am using network shares... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sportflyer, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Cant see computers on network shares

I have 3 computers on the network. All have shared folders . My problem is as follows.

Lets call the computers c2, c3, c4. I am using network shares

When on computer c4 , computers c2 and c3 are not listed at all under network. Sometimes I do see c3 listed but cannot access it.

In computers c2 and c3 , all computers are listed and I can view all the shared folders in c2 , c3 including those on C4.

I cant understand why c4 have such problems viewing other computers on the network. I have rebooted router ( E4200) and computers but still have same problem .

All shared folders are properly shared. and no passwords are required for networks in adv sharing .

Not sure how to proceed to fix problem . Please advise Tks

:)

sportflyer, Feb 3, 2016
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Can't see workgroup computers on same network

Hi Rmilyard,

Thanks for the update.

Glad to know that your issue is resolved.

Reply us back if you need any further assistance with windows. We will be glad to help.

Deepak..Raghav, Feb 3, 2016
  4. Cant see computers on network shares

I solved the network shares sproblem by first connecting all the computers to a homegroup . Then network shares also worked. I dont know why.

After leaving the homegroup for all my computers , a phantom homegroup was left on c2 so I could not create a new one nor can I join the phantom homegroup from c3 and c4 . I did a quick search and found that I have to shut down all computers then start any computer that does not have the phantom homegroup to create a new homegroup. Apparently one can create new homegroup with impunity after all computers and shut down and only turn on one of them to create a new homegroup !

sportflyer, Feb 4, 2016
Thema:

Cant see computers on network shares

1. Cant see computers on network shares - Similar Threads - Cant computers network

2. Cant Access Shared Folders on a Networked Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Access Shared Folders on a Networked Computer: I am not particularly technical so bear with me......I have 4 PC's all on the same home network. Lets call them Alex, Ben, Charlie and DanAll 4 are updated to the latest version of windows etc. All are set up the same, on the same private network etc.Dan acts a bit like a...
  3. Cant Access Shared Folders on a Networked Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Access Shared Folders on a Networked Computer: I am not particularly technical so bear with me......I have 4 PC's all on the same home network. Lets call them Alex, Ben, Charlie and DanAll 4 are updated to the latest version of windows etc. All are set up the same, on the same private network etc.Dan acts a bit like a...
  4. cant see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant see other computer on network: We have 3 computers A,B,C on the network. A and C can be seen from all computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/50d53e2e-4ee1-4963-b52b-f4d724902710
  5. cant see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant see other computer on network: We have 3 computers A,B,C on the network. A and C can be seen from all computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/50d53e2e-4ee1-4963-b52b-f4d724902710
  6. Cant see computers on network.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant see computers on network.: I cant get to them via \\computer name, but the machine cannot see itself or others in the list. Other can reach the machine via \\computer name, but it doesnt show up on in the networl/computer list. DNS CLIENTFUNCTION automatic DISCOVERY RESOURCE automatic SSDP Discovery...
  7. Computer seeing itself in network and sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer seeing itself in network and sharing: So I have a server running Windows 10 Pro, And the server sees itself in the network and sharing menu. [ATTACH] I don't this to happen as it makes it so the server can access itself even when network and sharing is turned off. I'm trying to run Minecraft bedrock...
  8. Exclude computer on network from seeing a shared folder

Exclude computer on network from seeing a shared folder: Dear All, Hope you are all well. I have spent over 8 hours trying to research to sort this issue out and honestly I am defeated and frustrated! We have three computers on our network. Computer A (Main computers which has the shared folders) Computer B Computer C When I...
  9. 3 computers on same network but cant see them

3 computers on same network but cant see them: I have 2 computers with Windows 10 Pro and 1 with Windows 10 Home, can they not work on the same network together? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/3-computers-on-same-network-but-cant-see-them/c42493e7-598b-4c24-9b3d-764b1ecaf4cb
  10. Cannot see other computer shares on home network

Cannot see other computer shares on home network: I just re-installed Windows 10 clean on my wife's computer. Network Discovery is turned on but I cannot see other computers on my home network. When I enter the UNC path to any network share I get the following: "You don't have permission to access the share". This...