Windows 10: Cant see computers on network.

Discus and support Cant see computers on network. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I cant get to them via \\computer name, but the machine cannot see itself or others in the list. Other can reach the machine via \\computer name, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrCrapalotofpiss, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Cant see computers on network.

I cant get to them via \\computer name, but the machine cannot see itself or others in the list. Other can reach the machine via \\computer name, but it doesnt show up on in the networl/computer list.

DNS CLIENTFUNCTION automatic
    DISCOVERY RESOURCE automatic
    SSDP Discovery automatuc
    UPNP Device Host automatic

This is a fresh/hours old install of windows10. It did show up originally and then disappeared. I'd like to solve the problem without reinstalling. Any suggest on other things to look at?

submitted by /u/MrCrapalotofpiss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MrCrapalotofpiss, Jun 21, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Cant see computers on network.

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Cant see computers on network.

1. Cant see computers on network. - Similar Threads - Cant computers network

2. cant see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant see other computer on network: We have 3 computers A,B,C on the network. A and C can be seen from all computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/50d53e2e-4ee1-4963-b52b-f4d724902710
  3. cant see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant see other computer on network: We have 3 computers A,B,C on the network. A and C can be seen from all computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/50d53e2e-4ee1-4963-b52b-f4d724902710
  4. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    see other computers on network: I have tried many of the recommendations online, but none seem to work.Surely there is a way to make transfering files from one computer to another possible, using my home network.Thanks for help.greg...
  5. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    see other computers on network: I have tried many of the recommendations online, but none seem to work.Surely there is a way to make transfering files from one computer to another possible, using my home network.Thanks for help.greg...
  6. Can't see computers on the network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see computers on the network: I've tried soooo many things. I'll try to lay out all the facts and if anything comes to mind that might work, please let me know. I have Spectrum cable with an Arris cable modem. It goes to an Eero wireless unit. That goes to a little switch, which is wired to 2...
  7. Small Office Networking - Cant see other computers

Small Office Networking - Cant see other computers: To whom it may concern, Please re-write your networking programs, access, and protocols. To make it easier for small business networking. You are stopping the Country from working. Yes that's correct your company have shut down my company at times for the whole day because...
  8. 3 computers on same network but cant see them

3 computers on same network but cant see them: I have 2 computers with Windows 10 Pro and 1 with Windows 10 Home, can they not work on the same network together? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/3-computers-on-same-network-but-cant-see-them/c42493e7-598b-4c24-9b3d-764b1ecaf4cb
  9. Can't see computer on network

Can't see computer on network: Hi there, I have a desktop and a laptop at home which I use for work. I need to access the desktop files using the laptop, and vice versa. I had it working before (i.e. I could see and access the laptop via the desktop and vice versa) but it's stopped for some reason. I...
  10. Cant see computers on network shares

Cant see computers on network shares: I have 3 computers on the network. All have shared folders . My problem is as follows. Lets call the computers c2, c3, c4. I am using network shares When on computer c4 , computers c2 and c3 are not listed at all under network. Sometimes I do see c3 listed but cannot...