Windows 10: Can't see computers on Windows 10 network

Discus and support Can't see computers on Windows 10 network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 (PC1, PC2 & PC3) desktop computers all running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. Each are directly connected to a Linksys Hub which then connects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bercawd, Mar 15, 2021.

1. bercawd Win User

Can't see computers on Windows 10 network

I have 3 (PC1, PC2 & PC3) desktop computers all running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. Each are directly connected to a Linksys Hub which then connects to the router.

On PC1, when I click on Network I see under Computers PC2 and under Media Drives I see PC1, PC2 & PC3
    On PC2, when I click on Network I see under Computers PC2 and under Media Drives I see PC1, PC2 & PC3
    On PC3, when I click on Network I see under Computers PC1, PC2 & PC3 and under Media Drives I see PC1, PC2 & PC3

All computers can access the internet as well as printers plugged into the router via another Linksys Hub.

There is a folder on PC2 which has an N: drive mapped on each PC and all can access the folder.
    There is also a folder on PC3 which has an M: drive mapped on each PC and all can access the folder.

Any reason as to why PC1 & PC3 won't show in the Computer section of the Network in File Manager?

:)

bercawd, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't see computers on Windows 10 network - Similar Threads - Can't computers network

2. Can't see network computer in Explorer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see network computer in Explorer ?: Hi,I have several computer on my home network.My main desktop computer is dual boot Win-10 and Win-11When I boot into Win-11 I can see access all my network computers and devices in File explorer.But when I boot into Win-10 I can not see the network computers. I can see other...
  3. Can't see computers on Windows 10 network

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't see computers on Windows 10 network: I have 3 (PC1, PC2 & PC3) desktop computers all running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. Each are directly connected to a Linksys Hub which then connects to the router. On PC1, when I click on Network I see under Computers PC2 and under Media Drives I see PC1, PC2 & PC3 On PC2,...
  4. can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't see other computer on network: can't see other computer on network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/fc92edc5-902e-4798-a93f-91bcb538d14f
  5. can't see network computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't see network computers: can't see network computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-network-computers/96a1d87b-e1dc-4f59-8db5-a035eb374cd9
  6. Can't see computers on the network

Can't see computers on the network: I've tried soooo many things. I'll try to lay out all the facts and if anything comes to mind that might work, please let me know. I have Spectrum cable with an Arris cable modem. It goes to an Eero wireless unit. That goes to a little switch, which is wired to 2...
  7. Computer Can't See Itself On Network

Computer Can't See Itself On Network: I'm trying to map a network drive from my main server. I've done it a million times before. But now, for some reason, the computer can't see itself on the network! It doesn't show up in the network list! What am I doing wrong? Please view this screencastify to see what...
  8. Can't see computer in network

Can't see computer in network: My laptop and desktop are connected via crossover cable, I can ping and remote connect between them with a response, but for some reason they aren't showing up in the file explorer network...
  9. Can't See Networked Computer / Folders

Can't See Networked Computer / Folders: windows 10 pro. for the life of me i don't know why setting up a simple home network is such a pain in the neck, seems like it should a pretty darn easy deal. anyway, updated windows a couple of nights ago which of course wiped out my visible shared folders that, btw, i...
  10. Can't see computer on network

Can't see computer on network: Hi there, I have a desktop and a laptop at home which I use for work. I need to access the desktop files using the laptop, and vice versa. I had it working before (i.e. I could see and access the laptop via the desktop and vice versa) but it's stopped for some reason. I...