Windows 10: Can't see cursor on startup screen

Discus and support Can't see cursor on startup screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is happening on 2 laptops. Both have a startup screen with options of W10 and W10 Safe Mode. After upgrading to W10 the cursor does not show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SaggyMaggyPoo, May 3, 2016.

1. Can't see cursor on startup screen

This is happening on 2 laptops. Both have a startup screen with options of W10 and W10 Safe Mode.

After upgrading to W10 the cursor does not show for selection between the options. It is still possible to move over the mouse or touchpad and move from one option to the other, but it's a bit hit and miss.

We had the same startup options in W8.1 and no problems with the cursor so it's definitely W10 related.

Any suggestions?

:)

SaggyMaggyPoo, May 3, 2016

2. After updating and PC restarts it turns to a grey screen and keep going on and off. Tried Everything

As of now I can't see the nose cursor can't get onto the log in screen sometimes the screen goes black and then gray repeatedly I will send a picture soon of it.

ArshanAfshari, May 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 black screen on start up

Unfortunately, the screen is black. I can't see anything but a slight shadow of the window's icon. I can't see a start up, a cursor or anything else. I need this laptop for work.

Cecilb_878, May 3, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Can't see cursor on startup screen

Keyboard working?

Tab and enter, once into 10, check touchpad drivers ...

RWOne, May 3, 2016
  5. Yes, I can use tab key or arrow keys to move between different options. The touchpad and mouse are partially working, I just can't see the cursor onscreen. Touchpad and mouse work perfectly well everywhere else so not sure how it could be a driver problem?

SaggyMaggyPoo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't see cursor on startup screen

1. Can't see cursor on startup screen - Similar Threads - Can't cursor startup

2. No mouse cursor on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No mouse cursor on startup: Hello Everyone I don't know why but for several days, I have no cursor on the startup. Only after rebooting from the desktop, the cursor will appear on the reboot. I have Windows 10 10.0.19363 Build 18363 Anybody got an idea? Thanks! submitted by /u/TheSaltyJ [link]...
  3. Mouse Cursor Not Showing at Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Cursor Not Showing at Startup: Hello all, Banging my head hard on this one. I think my issue is a little different though to the "usual" missing mouse cursor problem. I have laptop that I am upgrading from win 7 to win 10, everything works after the full wipe/reinstall and the win 10 installation pulled...
  4. Can see only black screen and cursor after updating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can see only black screen and cursor after updating: After updating my windows 10 when I restarted my system, it got stuck while booting itself showing status of 14 percent updated. The update status didn't changed for about 2 hrs and so I forcefully turned it off. When I restarted ,I was able to see only black screen with...
  5. Windows 10 Black screen with cursor at startup.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Black screen with cursor at startup.: Hello, When I turn on my desktop, Windows 10 Pro starts cleanly. I wait for the login screen, but the screen turns black, an arrow appears but nothing else happens ... ! What could be the problem and what can I do to solve it ? Thanks in advance for your reply : to L:...
  6. I can't see my mouse cursor when using google chrome

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't see my mouse cursor when using google chrome: For some reason whenever I open chrome I can't see my cursor. I can still use it and click on stuff, I just can't see it. This only happens when I use google chrome. I don't use a mouse, just my the touch pad on my laptop. Thank you, Michelle...
  7. can't startup

in Windows 10 Support
    can't startup: For over a year, I have had Windows 10 on a Lenovo G580 idea pad laptop. A few few minutes ago, I turned the computer on as usual but after seeing the Lenovo logo, a screen appear saying BOOTMGR MISSING Press ctl+alt+del to restart. After doing so, the a screem woth the...
  8. Black screen, no cursor, can't enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen, no cursor, can't enter safe mode: Okay, so I reserved my free copy of Windows 10 a few days ago, and tried to install this morning. It all seemed to be going smoothly... then everything disappeared, and I was left with a black screen for three hours. Finally in frustration I powered off and on again; The blue...
  9. Windows 10 blank screen with cursor on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 blank screen with cursor on startup: Hello, my pc has recently failed a windows software update and cannot boot into the OS. I have looked up this problem and tried many solutions but so far nothing has worked. The only thing I haven't tried is Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) simply because I have no idea...
  10. Black Screen with Cursor at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen with Cursor at startup: 2nd time poster, 1st time...."new threader". I kind of jumped into another black screen thread with this and it was suggested (rightly) that I start a new one. I'll just copy/paste what I posted there. I'm kind of a computer semi-literate, so forgive any dumb questions I...