Windows 10: Can't see Customize tab in Folder Properties

Discus and support Can't see Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i wanted to change the icon of a folder in Windows 10 Pro but when i go to the folder'sProperties i didn't found the "Customize" tab like in the past.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Luchiwis, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Luchiwis Win User

Can't see Customize tab in Folder Properties

i wanted to change the icon of a folder in Windows 10 Pro but when i go to the folder'sProperties i didn't found the "Customize" tab like in the past. This only happens with Folders, i don't have the problem with shortcuts

here's a picture of a recently created folder's Properties section:
    Can't see Customize tab in Folder Properties 8c63b2ea-3ab9-43d5-9c2e-f2a182f5ebed?upload=true.jpg

:)

Luchiwis, Feb 25, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Jim Y. Win User
    Folder Properties dialong - "customize" tab is no longer available (Windows 10)

I was looking to customize a folder's icon. In the past, you could do this by right-clicking on the folder and display the properties.

One of the tabs displayed was "Customize". However, I noticed that tab is no longer displayed. Has the ability to customize a folder icon changed? Or has this feature been removed? Thanks for any information that can be provided.

Jim Y., Feb 25, 2020
  4. Can't see Customize tab in Folder Properties

Security tab in folder properties just disappeared

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

• Is the issue specific to any particular file or folder?

I suggest you to restore the Folder properties to default and check if it helps.

Steps:-

• Windows Key + E and click View.
    • Select Option and choose "Change folder and search options"
    • Go to View tab and Restore defaults.

If you still face the issue, try running a System File Checker (SFC) Scan on the system and check if it helps.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption the
    sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't see Customize tab in Folder Properties

1. Can't see Customize tab in Folder Properties - Similar Threads - Can't Customize tab

2. There is no folder picture in my customized properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no folder picture in my customized properties: Same as question but I dont have the folder picture in the circle here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-folder-picture-in-my-customized/bf0f8e18-cbb9-4c7b-9b2a-a497cffc8171
  3. No security tab in folder properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No security tab in folder properties: Recently I installed a gameHalo Infinity from Microsoft Store but later decided to uninstall it. But I am unable to remove it from my computer. It got installed it in one of my secondary drives. Now I have a folder named Program Files which I am unable to delete. It says I...
  4. No security tab in folder properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No security tab in folder properties: Recently I installed a gameHalo Infinity from Microsoft Store but later decided to uninstall it. But I am unable to remove it from my computer. It got installed it in one of my secondary drives. Now I have a folder named Program Files which I am unable to delete. It says I...
  5. No security tab in folder properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Can't customize Pictures or any folder properties on a SD card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't customize Pictures or any folder properties on a SD card.: There is a bug in Windows 11. I can't change properties for any folder on an SD card. If I right click on a folder, go to properties, go to customize tab, optimize this folder for, no matter what I change it to, whether to music, videos, pictures, or documents and put a...
  7. Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial: I am trying to change the icons on the Desktop and the Properties window is missing the Customize tab. I also tried going to the "users\me\Desktop" path in Win Explorer to bring the Properties window up and it is also missing there. There is a great Tutorial on how to correct...
  8. Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial

in Windows 10 Support
    Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial: I am trying to change the icons on the Desktop and the Properties window is missing the Customize tab. I also tried going to the "users\me\Desktop" path in Win Explorer to bring the Properties window up and it is also missing there. There is a great Tutorial on how to correct...
  9. Add or Remove Customize tab in Desktop Folder Properties in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Customize tab in Desktop Folder Properties in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Customize tab in Desktop Folder Properties in Windows How to Add or Remove Customize tab in Desktop Folder Properties in Windows The folder icons if a supported option for the folder. To open the Customize tab, you can right click or press and...
  10. Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows How to Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows The Customize tab in the properties of a folder or non-OS drive allows you to change the folder icons if a supported option for the...