Windows 10: Can't see display adaptors in device manager.

Discus and support Can't see display adaptors in device manager. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had some problems with my computer and i had to uninstall my GPU and i restarted my computer and i went into Device maniger and coudn't find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by liamlarking, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Can't see display adaptors in device manager.

I had some problems with my computer and i had to uninstall my GPU and i restarted my computer and i went into Device maniger and coudn't find the Display addptors and i then tried to add the display addaports but it came up with a error saying. An error occured during the installation of the device. please help,thanksLiam.

:)

liamlarking, Jun 18, 2021

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jun 18, 2021
  3. display adaptor is missing from device manager

I have an asus gl502vs with windows 10

when I tried to update my GPU an error happend and then the laptop restarted

after that the GPU update did not work saying no compatibility with the hardware

and then there was no display adaptor in the device manager

IdreesDesher, Jun 18, 2021
  4. Can't see display adaptors in device manager.

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

Can't see display adaptors in device manager.

1. Can't see display adaptors in device manager. - Similar Threads - Can't display adaptors

2. i can't see Monitors in Device Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i can't see Monitors in Device Manager: I can't see the Monitors icon https://ibb.co/0j9wGqz in Device Manager. Please help me. This is a photo I took when I couldn't see Monitor icon https://ibb.co/bNvYsy4 ....
  3. i can't see Monitors in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't see Monitors in Device Manager: I can't see the Monitors icon https://ibb.co/0j9wGqz in Device Manager. Please help me. This is a photo I took when I couldn't see Monitor icon https://ibb.co/bNvYsy4 ....
  4. i can't see Monitors in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. graphic adaptor in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    graphic adaptor in device manager: hi yesterday i figure out something very odd i have tuf dash f15 with rtx 3060 when i plugged it out the graphic driver get disappear and when i plugged it in again back what's the problem?i tried uninstall driver and ddu and install update but those didn't work...
  6. graphic adaptor in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    graphic adaptor in device manager: hi yesterday i figure out something very odd i have tuf dash f15 with rtx 3060 when i plugged it out the graphic driver get disappear and when i plugged it in again back what's the problem?i tried uninstall driver and ddu and install update but those didn't work...
  7. I accidentally 'replaced' my Intel Display Adaptor from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I accidentally 'replaced' my Intel Display Adaptor from Device Manager: I accidentally uninstalled my Intel Display Adaptor from Device Manager and it can't be detected anymore from the system and it's not in the unknown devices. My device is Lenovo Legion Y520.Intel Core i7-7700HQ 6M Cache, 2.8 up to 3.80 GHzGraphics NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050...
  8. I can't see my touchpad in device manager.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't see my touchpad in device manager.: My touchpad is working but I can't see it in the device manager. I can't get access to precision touchpad settings. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In Windows 7 I had precision touchpad settings. Because the touchpad is not in the device manager I tried installing...
  9. Device Manager, Network Adaptor, No Power Management Tab

Device Manager, Network Adaptor, No Power Management Tab: I have an Asus Zenbook with 8G and 256 SSD running Windows 10 home v1903. Often, but not always, when I open the lid the PC is no longer connected to the Internet. I then disconnect and reconnect to my network to continue. I have searched for fixes. One fix often recommended...
  10. Display Adaptor

Display Adaptor: Hello, I have uninstalled the display adaptor without intention. I wanted to reinstall the driver for the display adaptor but then noticed, that there wasn't a display adaptor in the device manager anymore. It just didn't pop up. I also checked that hidden devices were...