Windows 10: Can't see entire path in File Explorer - Windows 10

Discus and support Can't see entire path in File Explorer - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm new to Windows 10, but I don't see how to fix this. When I search in file explorer, I only see 3 two-line columns: File name Date Modified... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KSA.ga, Jan 11, 2020.

1. KSA.ga Win User

Can't see entire path in File Explorer - Windows 10

I'm new to Windows 10, but I don't see how to fix this.

When I search in file explorer, I only see 3 two-line columns:

File name

Date Modified

Start of file path

File name Start of content

File Size

Author

I believe I've asked for all data to show, but I can't make any of the columns wider, and I can only see part of the the file name and path name.

If I'm looking for a file in a particular folder, I can't see the entire path. Is there a way to fix this?

I'd like to have the path name in its own column, is that possible?

Thanks for any help.

:)

KSA.ga, Jan 11, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Can't see entire path in File Explorer - Windows 10 :p

Frick, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't see entire path in File Explorer - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't entire path

2. Can't see the recent in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see the recent in windows explorer: For some reason this happened like 2 days ago randomly I don't think I've done anything to cause this but when I open windows explorer the recents come up as empty in the Home section and moreover on the start option the recommend tab also appears empty. I've tried disabling...
  3. LONG PATH ISSUE in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LONG PATH ISSUE in Windows 10 File Explorer: Hi,I'm sorry to write this.Half of the world suffers from it for many years:LONG PATH DOES NOT WORK IN Windows 10 File Explorer"Microsoft Windows has a MAX_PATH limit of ~256 characters. If the length of the path and filename combined exceed ~256 characters you will be able...
  4. LONG PATH ISSUE in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LONG PATH ISSUE in Windows 10 File Explorer: Hi,I'm sorry to write this.Half of the world suffers from it for many years:LONG PATH DOES NOT WORK IN Windows 10 File Explorer"Microsoft Windows has a MAX_PATH limit of ~256 characters. If the length of the path and filename combined exceed ~256 characters you will be able...
  5. LONG PATH ISSUE in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. can't see my NAS drive on file explorer windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't see my NAS drive on file explorer windows 10: i can't see my NAS drive file explorer QTS TS-253Aany suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-my-nas-drive-on-file-explorer-windows-10/f607462a-b7b9-4cbc-82de-9c6dac90450f
  7. Windows explorer file path

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows explorer file path: Can someone tell me how to set it so that windows explorer shows the file path by default, not the "breadcrumbs"? I went view, then options, and I clicked the box to display full file path, and nothing happens. It still keeps showing just the "breadcrumbs" submitted by...
  8. Can't see external drives in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't see external drives in File Explorer: I have 3 external disks and none of them are recognised when I plug them in, the usb ports are ok as I can plug any usb drives and use them with no issues. I have used these 3 drives with no problems in the past. I think a Windows 10 update has caused some issues? Please...
  9. File Explorer constantly loading or refreshing, can't see files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer constantly loading or refreshing, can't see files: When I first turn on my computer, the file explorer works fine. But after a couple minutes, when trying to create a new folder or rename something, the green loading bar appears and the renaming doesn't appear until I exit out of the folder and go back in. After that...
  10. Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 Copy path or Copy as path will copy the full path of selected items (files and folders) wrapped in quotes to the Clipboard so you can paste the full path(s) of the item(s)...