Windows 10: Can't see external drives in File Explorer

Discus and support Can't see external drives in File Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 3 external disks and none of them are recognised when I plug them in, the usb ports are ok as I can plug any usb drives and use them with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdrianPereira1, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Can't see external drives in File Explorer

I have 3 external disks and none of them are recognised when I plug them in, the usb ports are ok as I can plug any usb drives and use them with no issues. I have used these 3 drives with no problems in the past.

I think a Windows 10 update has caused some issues?

Please help

:)

AdrianPereira1, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jan 10, 2020
  3. saving and viewing files on an external hard drive

Hi Sam,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Yes, you may format the external hard drive. Follow the below steps.

• Connect the external hard drive to Windows 10 computer.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to the keyboard to open the file explorer.

• Locate the external hard drive on left navigation pane in File explorer.

• Right click on the external hard drive and click on
      Format

• Click Start and follow on screen instructions to format the hard drive.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Can't see external drives in File Explorer

Cannot find (Seagate) external hard drive in File Explorer.

Thank you, Billion, for all the help. Unfortunately, the drive still doesn't show up in File Explorer. The computer recognizes it, and reads that the external hard drive is working properly. However, I still can't access anything inside it.

KetsyGonzalez, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Can't see external drives in File Explorer

1. Can't see external drives in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Can't external drives

2. can't see my NAS drive on file explorer windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't see my NAS drive on file explorer windows 10: i can't see my NAS drive file explorer QTS TS-253Aany suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-my-nas-drive-on-file-explorer-windows-10/f607462a-b7b9-4cbc-82de-9c6dac90450f
  3. File History can't see external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History can't see external hard drive: File History can no longer see my external hard drive, 4tb WD My Passport. I have used this drive previously with file history on this very computer and on my laptop so I know it can work. A little while ago I decided to temporarily stop using File History, but now when I try...
  4. file explorer--seeing drives

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer--seeing drives: When I open file explorer via right click on start menu, it opens to 'quick access'--frequent folders and recent files. I want to see my drives and partitions. A file and folder tree. While convenient, I'm less interested in recent files and frequent folders. I hate that...
  5. Can't See Files on H Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't See Files on H Drive: Hello, I put a CD in my H Drive. Windows opens the drive and this is what I see (picture below). I know there are files on this CD, but to be sure I checked properties and it says there that over 200 MBs have been used with over 400 remaining. I checked settings too and it...
  6. File Explorer Not Showing External "A" Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Not Showing External "A" Drive: I plugged an external "A" drive into my computer via a USB port with File Explorer open. The "A" drive shows up, but only for about 2 seconds and then it goes away. I changed USB ports and it does the same. I checked Device Manager under "Floppy Drives" and it shows the "A"...
  7. Unable to see External USB Drive in Explorer Window

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to see External USB Drive in Explorer Window: I have an external USB drive with data from a previous computer that I want to transfer to my new Surface2 Computer. Device manager says it is working properly and drivers are up to date, but I can not access it through Explorer window. I don't see the option to add a drive...
  8. I can't see an external drive

I can't see an external drive: I'm trying to move 4G of files from an iOmega external drive to my WD 4T backup drive, but Windows Explorer does not see the iOmega drive. Device Manager sees it, its driver is updated, I disabled and enabled it, tried various USB ports, rebooted my laptop, but Windows...
  9. Windows File Explorer can't see my installed hard drives

Windows File Explorer can't see my installed hard drives: I recently did a clean install to a new SSD. It does not show up in Explorer. I also did reformatting of 2 HDDs...neither of them show up in Explorer either. Oddly enough, all 3 drives do show in Disk Management. How do I resolve this?...
  10. Can't see NAS drives in windows explorer

Can't see NAS drives in windows explorer: I recently purchased a second WD network drive. Before I installed it I could always access the first NAS's files through windows explorer under the network folder. I don't know if there was a recent update to Win 10, but the day after I installed the second NAS drive I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant see wd external in file-explorer windows10

2. cant see imac hard drive on file explorer in windows 10