Windows 10: Can't See Hidden Files

Discus and support Can't See Hidden Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I ran into a recent problem where I can no longer see hidden folders or files. Yesterday or the day before I could but now I can't . On the drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by webbj, Dec 17, 2018.

1. webbj Win User

Can't See Hidden Files

I ran into a recent problem where I can no longer see hidden folders or files. Yesterday or the day before I could but now I can't . On the drive and folder my hidden folder is in, when I go to re-select the View and then click the Hidden Item box, the menu closes without checking the box. When I go into Control Panel, File Explorer Option, View and then go to select the Show Hidden Files, Folder, and Drive, I can select the radio button but it doesn't save/ work. I came across a post suggesting going into registry to ensure the correct values for Hidden were in SHOWALL "CheckValue" = 1 and "DefaultValue" = 2 and NOHidden where both values were 2 & 2. They were. I even turned off my antivirus to see if that was blocking something. No change. Any suggestion would be great. Thanks

:)

webbj, Dec 17, 2018
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Dec 17, 2018
  3. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Can't See Hidden Files

Can't See files, not hidden

Folder options->show hidden files/folders.

Checking the hidden box is a property, not a viewing preference.

Dippyskoodlez, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Can't See Hidden Files

1. Can't See Hidden Files - Similar Threads - Can't Hidden Files

2. Why cants see hidden files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cants see hidden files?: In Explorer, I went under the view and set it to see hidden files. However, immediately after that, the Explorer reloaded and the setting did not change. What's happening?...
  3. Why cants see hidden files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why cants see hidden files?: In Explorer, I went under the view and set it to see hidden files. However, immediately after that, the Explorer reloaded and the setting did not change. What's happening?...
  4. Can't see hidden folders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see hidden folders in Explorer: The option to view hidden Files and Folders in Explorer Options, has both "Don't Show Hidden Files..." and "Show Hidden Files..." unchecked. If I try to check the "Show Hidden Files..." option, and hit the Apply button, I still can't see folders such as AppData and Program...
  5. Can't see hidden folders in Explorer

Can't see hidden folders in Explorer: The option to view hidden Files and Folders in Explorer Options, has both "Don't Show Hidden Files..." and "Show Hidden Files..." unchecked. If I try to check the "Show Hidden Files..." option, and hit the Apply button, I still can't see folders such as AppData and Program...
  6. A hidden hidden file?

A hidden hidden file?: Win 10 is telling me a folder exists that it doesn't show no matter what I click.I've been trying to install Corel Photo house 4.0 on Win10 but it keeps telling me that there's a .dll file missing that it can't load. I've tried recreating the folder in Win10 that it's looking...
  7. Can't hide hidden files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't hide hidden files.: Whenever I do a document/file search on my computer it always shows a bunch of files that should be hidden and I can't seem to hide them. I have tried going into the folder options and making sure that show hidden files are off but it still makes no difference. Does anyone...
  8. Hidden Files Can't be changed to "View Hidden Files"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden Files Can't be changed to "View Hidden Files": Hello I have Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.523) I noticed that my hidden files could not be viewed, and after exhausting multiple options I just created a new User Profile. Now this new User profile has the issue, and I do not want to keep on creating new...
  9. duplicate folder created with hidden files,unable to see the files

in Windows 10 Support
    duplicate folder created with hidden files,unable to see the files: hi please help,i cant see the files the folder called naksatra,the system created duplicate folder with 0 files in it whereas i cant see the files in the folder where the properties showed i have 473 mb files. 86597
  10. Can't toggle Hidden Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't toggle Hidden Files: Hi, Since yesterday I've been unable to toggle hidden files from the View tab of the ribbons. It's unchecked and when I click on it the check mark appears for a second and disappear again. Only change I've done recently is installed an antivirus (Bitdefender 2016), could...