Windows 10: Can't see highlight of open programs on taskbar

Discus and support Can't see highlight of open programs on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, This problem occured a couple weeks ago. I can't see the highlight of the open programs on my task bar. Here is a screenshot of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jameskarsten, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Can't see highlight of open programs on taskbar

Hello everyone,

This problem occured a couple weeks ago. I can't see the highlight of the open programs on my task bar. Here is a screenshot of my taskbar:

Can't see highlight of open programs on taskbar 61d2c4d0-72b3-45ea-8224-1d22cae8e68b?upload=true.png

and in the thread below is a picture of what I actually see on my computer.

This is very strange because the screenshot clearly indicates the blue highlights that the programs are open. And on my computer screen the blue highlights aren't visible at all. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Can't see highlight of open programs on taskbar [​IMG]

:)

jameskarsten, Nov 17, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Remove (open) programs from taskbar

I'd just get a program called Ultramon. It puts a second taskbar on the second monitor, so if you have something up and running on the second monitor at all times it is displayed on that taskbar. It doesn't do exactly what you want, but it does solve the problem of wasted taskbar space.

newtekie1, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Remove (open) programs from taskbar

Hey all!

Ok, so some programs I have running all the time, like Spotify and Outlook. They are actually pretty much open all the time as I finally got around to plug in the second monitor. So it feels like a waste of taskbar space to actually have them be there, especially as I have them ready at hand in the notification area.

It seems almost no programs can do this on their own, so does anyone know of anyway that this can be done?

Thanks for looking!

/Frick

EDIT: I know Outlook since 2003 have the option to "Hide when minimized", and that's good and all, but it's still in the taskbar when it's up and running.

Frick, Nov 17, 2019
  4. simrick Win User

Can't see highlight of open programs on taskbar

Excel Icon on taskbar does not open file, only program

Hi Wayne,
    You haven't moved or renamed these Excel files, have you?
    Does the same problem also happen with Word?
    You could try repairing your office installation.
    Right-click on the Start Button and select Control Panel>Programs and Features; wait for the list of installed programs to populate, then highlight Microsoft Office; click CHANGE up above the window, then REPAIR. You may have 2 repair options; if so, try the local one first and see if that does the trick.

Hope that helps.

simrick, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Can't see highlight of open programs on taskbar

1. Can't see highlight of open programs on taskbar - Similar Threads - Can't highlight open

2. When Taskbar is on top, move the opened-programs' highlight lines ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    When Taskbar is on top, move the opened-programs' highlight lines ?: When the taskbar is set to top of the screen, the opened-programs highlight lines are still on top of the icons . [ATTACH] The best case would be to have a setting to specify whether they should be on top or at the bottom . But while there is no such, is it possible to...
  3. When Taskbar is on top, the opened-programs' highlight lines are still on top

When Taskbar is on top, the opened-programs' highlight lines are still on top: When the taskbar is set to top of the screen, the opened-programs highlight lines are still on top of the icons . [ATTACH] The best case would be to have a setting to specify whether they should be on top or at the bottom . But while there is no such, is it possible to...
  4. When Taskbar is on top, the opened-pinned-programs' highlight lines are still on top

When Taskbar is on top, the opened-pinned-programs' highlight lines are still on top: When the taskbar is set to top of the screen, the opened-pinned-programs highlight lines are still on top of the icons . The best case would be to have a setting to specify whether they should be on top of the icons or at the bottom . But while there is no such, is it...
  5. Can't see Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see Taskbar Icons: I woke up this morning to find I can't see half the Icons on my apps. What is happening?! I'm a scholar so I really need to switch apps often but turns out. I can't even see the apps!...
  6. No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open: No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open. I have run all the trouble shooters but no problems can be detected. BUT there IS a BIG problem!!!...
  7. Help - programs that are running aren't highlighted on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help - programs that are running aren't highlighted on the taskbar: I have a bunch of icons on the taskbar but when I run them, the icons don't get highlighted unless it's literally maximized on the screen. If I minimize them, the highlight disappears and it's like the program isn't even open. Any help? submitted by /u/theAangstykid...
  8. Can't see taskbars

Can't see taskbars: My monitor screen on my desktop has enlarged so that I can not see my taskbars. What have I done? Windows 10....Can anybody help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-taskbars/ef28ea2e-ed81-446e-b99b-9fa3064b016b
  9. Highlighter program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlighter program: I wonder if anyone in the forum could advise me of a highlighter where the highlights are saved so that the next time you go back to a specific site/page, the highlights are still there. I do a tremendous amount of online ordering. I would like to be able to go to my CC...
  10. Taskbar Icons not Highlighted?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons not Highlighted?: Hi just a quick question and wondered if anyone else has this? My Taskbar Icons don't highlight when in use, I'm used to seeing them highlighted in W7 and miss that as I often close W10 with something open in the background, like notepad or something.. Is there a way to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbar highlight open apps