Windows 10: Can't see local network

Discus and support Can't see local network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Though I have internet access through an Ethernet connection through my router, I can't see the router or any of the drives attached. I previously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephMorris, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Can't see local network

Though I have internet access through an Ethernet connection through my router, I can't see the router or any of the drives attached. I previously used such a shared drive for backup, but can no longer access the drive, nor can I see another networked computer. This started when I reset Windows due to a performance problem.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

:)

StephMorris, Feb 22, 2020

2. Cannot install local/network HP 1102 printer. administrator keeps blocking app.

Hi Chris,

• Is your Printer connected to a Local network or Domain network?
    • Do you get any error message?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the same issue occurs here as well.

Here are the steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select
      Family and other users
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

Kindly get back to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Feb 22, 2020
  4. MJW77CA Win User

Can't see local network

Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List

Last night I noticed my ethernet light on the back of my computer was orange. I did some research to find the reason. Some websites said it was an increased connection speed. Others said a problem with the connection.
    The local area network is no longer in the list of network connections and the other computer in my house has a green light on the ethernet port.
    I've used all the cmd.exe ipconfig steps suggested by websites. Flush dns, reset dns, etc. I've also used the network troubleshooter in windows10 which told me a problem was not found.
    Nothing seems to change the light back to green. Can someone help me find the problem so I can fix it?

MJW77CA, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Can't see local network

1. Can't see local network - Similar Threads - Can't local network

2. Can't see my network drive on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see my network drive on network: I'm running Windows 11 Home on a HP OMEN Desktop. I have a WD Cloud EX4 drive hooked in through ethernet. The drive, named "Main-Cloud", shows up under storage and not on the computer. When I click on the Main-Cloud icon it just brings up the maintenance window for the drive...
  3. Can't see my network drive on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see my network drive on network: I'm running Windows 11 Home on a HP OMEN Desktop. I have a WD Cloud EX4 drive hooked in through ethernet. The drive, named "Main-Cloud", shows up under storage and not on the computer. When I click on the Main-Cloud icon it just brings up the maintenance window for the drive...
  4. I can't see my computer in local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't see my computer in local network: After I replaced network switches. I can't see my computer in local network. My system is Windows 10 pro 20H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-my-computer-in-local-network/e334a45e-68da-4cea-85f8-74fae1c34741
  5. can't see network computers

can't see network computers: can't see network computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-network-computers/96a1d87b-e1dc-4f59-8db5-a035eb374cd9
  6. Can't see computers on the network

Can't see computers on the network: I've tried soooo many things. I'll try to lay out all the facts and if anything comes to mind that might work, please let me know. I have Spectrum cable with an Arris cable modem. It goes to an Eero wireless unit. That goes to a little switch, which is wired to 2...
  7. Can't see computer in network

Can't see computer in network: My laptop and desktop are connected via crossover cable, I can ping and remote connect between them with a response, but for some reason they aren't showing up in the file explorer network...
  8. Can't See Networked Computer / Folders

Can't See Networked Computer / Folders: windows 10 pro. for the life of me i don't know why setting up a simple home network is such a pain in the neck, seems like it should a pretty darn easy deal. anyway, updated windows a couple of nights ago which of course wiped out my visible shared folders that, btw, i...
  9. Can't see computer on network

Can't see computer on network: Hi there, I have a desktop and a laptop at home which I use for work. I need to access the desktop files using the laptop, and vice versa. I had it working before (i.e. I could see and access the laptop via the desktop and vice versa) but it's stopped for some reason. I...
  10. Unable to see the local router Wi-Fi network

Unable to see the local router Wi-Fi network: I am working on a friend HP All-in-one system that has a Wi-Fi interface. It came with Windows 10 so there has been no upgrade from a previous version of Windows. Some of the System Specification: HP 23-r119c All-in-One Desktop PC Intel Core i3-4170T CPU 8 GB of memory...