Windows 10: Can't see local PCs when connected to Azure AD

Discus and support Can't see local PCs when connected to Azure AD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey folks, Not sure if something changed recently with windows or something else but I am no longer able to see LAN PCs on the network unless I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by slipperynick, May 6, 2019.

1. Can't see local PCs when connected to Azure AD

Hey folks,

Not sure if something changed recently with windows or something else but I am no longer able to see LAN PCs on the network unless I am logged into a local windows account. If I am logged into my azure ad account they do not appear. Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

slipperynick, May 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 Azure AD to local

Hello,

I have a problem using my Azure AD profile in Windows 10. I have set up my Windows 10 PC using my organization Office 365 account (Azure AD). This caused a problem accessing my organization shared folders in file servers, it cannot recognize and connect.
    I tried with a local Windows account and there was no problem. So I suppose I need to disconnect from Azure AD and go to a local administrator account for not having such a problem. I have 2 PCs with the same problem, I tried in one but it changed totally
    the account, deleted the Azure and lost the installation and settings from that. Now I need to set up from the beginning the local account...

In order not to lose the data, installations, settings etc from the other computer (I have my whole work and licensed software in that), how could I just change to a local account from my Azure/Office365? I need to keep the whole profile but login locally,
    not with my Office365 account. Is there any way to do that?

Thank you

Γιάννης Χρηστίδης, May 6, 2019
  3. LJP92 Win User
    Azure AD connected Devices

Hello,

I was just wondering if someone can assist me please, this might be a simple question yet i can't seem to find answers for it so far so i thought it might be best to ask the community.

We have recently started connecting staff tablets to Azure AD so they use there staff logins to access the tablet, this seems to work fine and no problems so far. The issue i have is that once they are connected to Azure AD i can no longer access the local
    administrator account we create when setting up the tablets. I have tried pcname\username etc but this does not work.

Does anyone know if you can still access the local accounts built into the tablet, or are they made
    redundant when connected to Azure?

Thanks

Lewis

LJP92, May 6, 2019
  4. Can't see local PCs when connected to Azure AD

Windows 10 Remote Desktop connection using Azure AD Credentials

My organization is running Windows 10 joined to Azure AD organization (completely cloud hosted, i.e. no on-prem Active Directory). I login to my PC with a username in the form of "username@organization.com" with no issues and have enabled Remote Desktop connections to this PC.

If I attempt to Remote Desktop from another PC on the LAN or from home, my credentials are always deemed invalid. If I attempt to login using a local account (via RDP) it works just fine.

Can anyone suggest why Azure AD credentials do not work over RDP or how to enable this feature?

Andrew Mahon, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Can't see local PCs when connected to Azure AD

1. Can't see local PCs when connected to Azure AD - Similar Threads - Can't local PCs

2. AZURE AD PATHETIC cannot connect to local NAS drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AZURE AD PATHETIC cannot connect to local NAS drive: Till now we could log onto to our local NAS server from all our computers. Now comes WIndows 11 Pro with Azure AD and nothing works. We are having huge problems with this garbage Can someone help us with a fix for this...
  3. AZURE AD PATHETIC cannot connect to local NAS drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AZURE AD PATHETIC cannot connect to local NAS drive: Till now we could log onto to our local NAS server from all our computers. Now comes WIndows 11 Pro with Azure AD and nothing works. We are having huge problems with this garbage Can someone help us with a fix for this...
  4. Microsoft Azure AD Connect will not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Azure AD Connect will not install: Hi everyone,I tried to install Microsoft Azure AD Connect Customize on a Domain Controller with Windows Server 2016 but i got the following error :"The event log file is corrupted"When i look the logs files, i find the error here : [17:53:52.454] [ 15] [ERROR]...
  5. Microsoft Azure AD Connect will not install

Microsoft Azure AD Connect will not install: Hi everyone,I tried to install Microsoft Azure AD Connect Customize on a Domain Controller with Windows Server 2016 but i got the following error :"The event log file is corrupted"When i look the logs files, i find the error here : [17:53:52.454] [ 15] [ERROR]...
  6. Azure AD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure AD: Hello there, If I have to install a software in 100 Laptop, how can I do it without have on promise Active Directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/azure-ad/7657e31f-c97e-4524-9196-faebcf264e84
  7. Azure AD

Azure AD: Hello there, If I have to install a software in 100 Laptop, how can I do it without have on promise Active Directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/azure-ad/7657e31f-c97e-4524-9196-faebcf264e84
  8. Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account: Hi All,When we apply Password Policy in Intune for Azure Ad Account to Login to Window Computers, Does the policy applies to Local user Account as well ?For Example: When creating Windows device compliance Policy we have option to Password expiration days, if we apply this...
  9. Adding Azure AD group to local group fails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Azure AD group to local group fails: The command below fails with error "there is no such global user or group: AzureAd\*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"net localgroup administrators "AzureAD\*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" /AddI have tried using the SID, no AzureAD, and no domain and...
  10. Azure AD connected Devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Azure AD connected Devices: Hello, I was just wondering if someone can assist me please, this might be a simple question yet i can't seem to find answers for it so far so i thought it might be best to ask the community. We have recently started connecting staff tablets to Azure AD so they use there...