Windows 10: Can't see menus and buttons larger than my screen (1366x768)

Discus and support Can't see menus and buttons larger than my screen (1366x768) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Can I somehow zoom out like I can pages in web browser these windows apps? Here is example of Reddit signup, Reddit flairs, Charles proxy,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cool_Win471, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Can't see menus and buttons larger than my screen (1366x768)

Can't see menus and buttons larger than my screen (1366x768) pKQgEi_8AlwsU118_jqoZe9X5CjElhdVrCzIbp60S0U.jpg

Can I somehow zoom out like I can pages in web browser these windows apps? Here is example of Reddit signup, Reddit flairs, Charles proxy, and Firefox bookmarks. I am already using max resolution of 1366x768 on my laptop on Win10. Any trick to see everything? I only know how to zoom out pages such as reddit in Firefox, but don't know can I zoom out all apps? Charles proxy does not focus monitor on selected menu item, but selection happens beyond monitor area. I can see Firefox button only if I full screen app (F11) for bookmarks.

reddit flares

bookmarks firefox

reddit register

charles proxy

submitted by /u/Cool_Win471
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cool_Win471, Mar 27, 2021
  2. EdMeza Win User

Screen size is larger than monitor

Hello,

Got a new monitor and the text is extremely small for me. ACER manufacturer recommends that settings for the size of text and apps be left at 100%, plus the Resolution at 1920 x 1080.

Since my eyesight is not that good, I opted to increase the size of text just to 125% and then asked to reboot computer. After the restart, the text had considerably gotten better, but the desktop icons got larger, half of the size of the icons were off the
    screen on left-hand side. Lastly, the Start Menu button disappeared. Tried to get back the screen to normal, but still is larger than the monitor, also the Start Menu button disappeared. Checked for a magnifier on the screen and closed it.

(I know I can get settings through the action center, but can not get other tiles like photos, games, etc.)

Checked for drivers and they are all up-to-date.

Again, these are the issues:

1) Screen larger than monitor. Can not see anything on the left-hand side, having to snap each time to reduce their size has become a nuisance. Have tried different steps to reduce screen size to fit the monitor but it just is not working.

2) Lost “Start Menu Button”, because screen is too large.

3) Text is gone back to 100% and it's too small.

4) Desktop icons on task bar are also extremely small.

I would appreciate someone's help.

Thank you.

Ed

EdMeza, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Ian Ser Win User

Can't see menus and buttons larger than my screen (1366x768)

Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Can't see menus and buttons larger than my screen (1366x768)

1. Can't see menus and buttons larger than my screen (1366x768) - Similar Threads - Can't menus buttons

2. Can't see the Internet button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see the Internet button: Hello, I'm having some issues with connecting to the Internet. Today morning my laptop worked well and now when I turned it on I can't connect to the Internet.What I mean is that I don't see the Internet button in the taskbar / when I open the connections menu using the...
  3. Can't see the Internet button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see the Internet button: Hello, I'm having some issues with connecting to the Internet. Today morning my laptop worked well and now when I turned it on I can't connect to the Internet.What I mean is that I don't see the Internet button in the taskbar / when I open the connections menu using the...
  4. Cant get higher than 1366X768 resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant get higher than 1366X768 resolution: Got new laptop DELL 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 1.38 GHz and tried changing the resolution in the display setting but I cant get higher than 1366X768 resolution. I also tried updating the drivers but the issue is not fixed...
  5. Cant get higher than 1366X768 resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant get higher than 1366X768 resolution: Got new laptop DELL 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 1.38 GHz and tried changing the resolution in the display setting but I cant get higher than 1366X768 resolution. I also tried updating the drivers but the issue is not fixed...
  6. How to see menus and windows that are larger than my screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to see menus and windows that are larger than my screen?: I noticed some menus like in Charles Proxy and Firefox bookmarks are so long that they can't be wholly displayed, can't see all items. I even expanded my taskbar to be larger for one row so more icons can fit in, and now Firefox buttons for OK and Cancel for adding bookmarks...
  7. display is larger than my monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display is larger than my monitor: I'm having a problem where my display is larger than my monitor.. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-is-larger-than-my-monitor/70f54546-51c2-4328-b9cf-3d6c2b702d92
  8. Cannot set a screen resolution higher than 1366x768

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot set a screen resolution higher than 1366x768: Hello, I have a Asus TUF GAMING FX504 TUF GAMING FX504GD_FX80GD. I can't set a screen resolution higher than 1366x768 since three months. The higher options are not showing up on the dropdown list in the settings. I'm sure this laptop should be able to have HD resolution......
  9. Any maximised window is larger than my screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Any maximised window is larger than my screen: For many years I've assumed that the subject issue, described below, was a flaw unique to my particular monitors, a succession of iiyama models, always 1920 x 1200, my preferred resolution. But I was wrong, because I've today replaced my 24" iiyama Prolite E2403WS with a 24"...
  10. picture larger than screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    picture larger than screen: picture is larger than screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/picture-larger-than-screen/7369f263-396f-4c03-8d1f-4a1b0b2c6f13