Windows 10: Can't see most folders on taskbar

Discus and support Can't see most folders on taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure how to describe the issue. I have about 10 open windows on my taskbar, but almost none are visible. Edge shows correctly ( ie I can see it) &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bfallona, Dec 28, 2018.

1. bfallona Win User

Can't see most folders on taskbar

Not sure how to describe the issue. I have about 10 open windows on my taskbar, but almost none are visible. Edge shows correctly ( ie I can see it) & Mail is too. But Chrome , Explorer etc aren't. I have the folder names off and small icons on. But they all show as a light gray line at bottom of folder & black on folder. I am using Win 10 beta 18305 & everything was fine up until the last day.

:)

bfallona, Dec 28, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 28, 2018
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Dec 28, 2018
  4. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't see most folders on taskbar - Similar Threads - Can't folders taskbar

2. Can't see hidden folders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see hidden folders in Explorer: The option to view hidden Files and Folders in Explorer Options, has both "Don't Show Hidden Files..." and "Show Hidden Files..." unchecked. If I try to check the "Show Hidden Files..." option, and hit the Apply button, I still can't see folders such as AppData and Program...
  3. Can't see Files in a Folder Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see Files in a Folder Error: I can't see on my desktop my folders or what's in them and the pictures as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-files-in-a-folder-error/f62eb12e-4490-4108-a48e-1939300f90e9
  4. Can't see Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see Taskbar Icons: I woke up this morning to find I can't see half the Icons on my apps. What is happening?! I'm a scholar so I really need to switch apps often but turns out. I can't even see the apps!...
  5. Can't consistently see shared folders

Can't consistently see shared folders: I have two laptops connected via an ethernet switch. I am using the current version of Windows 10 home. One laptop, which I will call main, has two external USB 3.0 hard drives. I have turned file sharing on for everyone on both of these drives, as well as sharing also turned...
  6. I can't see the Windows.old folder.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't see the Windows.old folder.: I'm trying to delete older versions of Windows but I can't see the folder anywhere. It's not in the Storage Sense menu, Disk Clean-Up, File Explorer, and the Run app can't find it either. It's taking up a lot of storage in my PC so I can't upgrade to newer versions! The...
  7. Can't See Networked Computer / Folders

Can't See Networked Computer / Folders: windows 10 pro. for the life of me i don't know why setting up a simple home network is such a pain in the neck, seems like it should a pretty darn easy deal. anyway, updated windows a couple of nights ago which of course wiped out my visible shared folders that, btw, i...
  8. Can't see taskbars

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't see taskbars: My monitor screen on my desktop has enlarged so that I can not see my taskbars. What have I done? Windows 10....Can anybody help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-taskbars/ef28ea2e-ed81-446e-b99b-9fa3064b016b
  9. Can't see ProgramData folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't see ProgramData folder: The ProgramData folder is not displayed in Explorer. I can search for programs that currently exist in this directory but can't access it. Any clues or how to proceed? 34884
  10. Can't see folder size in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't see folder size in Explorer: Hi, Can someone please help? I can't see the size of each folder in Windows explorer. If I open the folder, I can see the size of the individual files, but not the size of the folder. [img] 20782