Windows 10: Can't see my operating system in sytem configuration even though i can still boot

Discus and support Can't see my operating system in sytem configuration even though i can still boot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought a ssd for my compaq presario cq57 because it was slow so i used windows pe that had a program from lazesoft to clone my disk from the hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Savvas_C, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Savvas_C Win User

Can't see my operating system in sytem configuration even though i can still boot

I bought a ssd for my compaq presario cq57 because it was slow so i used windows pe that had a program from lazesoft to clone my disk from the hard drive to ssd. When it booted i saw 2 operating systems because of that i went to sytem configuration and selected to boot tab i doesn't have a operating system.

:)

Savvas_C, Dec 10, 2022

2. The operating system is not presently configured to run this application.

Error message: The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Even after doing all the above steps still my problem is not resolved. Please suggest some solution.

http://www.itsmetutor.com/

ItsmeAbinav, Dec 10, 2022
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Dec 10, 2022
  4. Can't see my operating system in sytem configuration even though i can still boot

Error: "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system"

Hi Stephen,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system. Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Do let us know if you are able to see Windows 7/ Windows 10 operating system while rebooting the device?

As you are unable to boot the operating system, this issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot rec by following the below commands and check if it helps.
    You will have to use Windows 10/7 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    operating system using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 10:
    Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 7: Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10/7 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of booting the operating system for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 10, 2022
Thema:

Can't see my operating system in sytem configuration even though i can still boot

1. Can't see my operating system in sytem configuration even though i can still boot - Similar Threads - Can't operating system

2. An operating system wasn't found, even though I have been using this computer for months.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An operating system wasn't found, even though I have been using this computer for months.: So here's some backstory:A few months ago my computer started crushing whenever I ran intensive programs nothing it shouldn't be able to handle, just some games. Whenever it did, there was no error code in the blue screen.By digging through the event viewer, I found some bad...
  3. An operating system wasn't found, even though I have been using this computer for months.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An operating system wasn't found, even though I have been using this computer for months.: So here's some backstory:A few months ago my computer started crushing whenever I ran intensive programs nothing it shouldn't be able to handle, just some games. Whenever it did, there was no error code in the blue screen.By digging through the event viewer, I found some bad...
  4. Can't see my operating system in sytem configuration even though i can still boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see my operating system in sytem configuration even though i can still boot: I bought a ssd for my compaq presario cq57 because it was slow so i used windows pe that had a program from lazesoft to clone my disk from the hard drive to ssd. When it booted i saw 2 operating systems because of that i went to sytem configuration and selected to boot tab i...
  5. Can't see my operating system in sytem configuration even though i can still boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see my operating system in sytem configuration even though i can still boot: I bought a ssd for my compaq presario cq57 because it was slow so i used windows pe that had a program from lazesoft to clone my disk from the hard drive to ssd. When it booted i saw 2 operating systems because of that i went to sytem configuration and selected to boot tab i...
  6. Laptop can't see main PC even though PC can see laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop can't see main PC even though PC can see laptop: Both rigs running Win 10 20H2 build 19042.1052. I am able to access the internet from the laptop and I managed to share a printer that is connected to the PC with the laptop. For about eight months I've been attempting to set up a home network for file sharing with my custom...
  7. Operating system not configured for the application

Operating system not configured for the application: When I try to open excel or word, I get the error that the operating system is presently not configured for this application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operating-system-not-configured-for-the/c8d07473-ac85-49a6-973c-a9819f6e99db
  8. Operating system is not presently configured to... error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Operating system is not presently configured to... error: I tried the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth in the CMD prompt and got the following: Error: 740 Elevated permissions are required to run DISM. Use an elevated command prompt to complete these tasks. I am an administrator on my computer, I'm not sure why I am...
  9. operating system is not configured to run this application

operating system is not configured to run this application: I had this problem with Microsoft Excel, every time I tried to open an Excel file or launch the Excel application I got the error "operating system is not configured to run this application". I finally managed to figure out that it was my antivirus, Bitdefender....
  10. Will operating system still work if.................!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Will operating system still work if.................!!: I'm using a mini-pc & using my TV monitor as my screen. The pc only has a 32GB hard disk, (C:). I also have a 64GB SD card, from which I created a formatted partition named OneDrive (O:) & moved the OneDrive folder & its contents to it. However, I still need more storage...