Windows 10: Can't See My TIF Files in Windows 10 Fax and Scan Utility

Discus and support Can't See My TIF Files in Windows 10 Fax and Scan Utility in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just installed the Windows 10 Fax and Scan utility and it's otherwise working perfectly, answering the phone after the 2nd ring and placing all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Al Borges, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Al Borges Win User

Can't See My TIF Files in Windows 10 Fax and Scan Utility

I just installed the Windows 10 Fax and Scan utility and it's otherwise working perfectly, answering the phone after the 2nd ring and placing all the FAX TIF files into the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\WindowsNT\MSFax\Inbox

I can see the files in there:

Can't See My TIF Files in Windows 10 Fax and Scan Utility 6c665cf0-225f-49ae-ae42-d552210c6697?upload=true.png

But this is what I see in the Fax and Scan utility supposedly pointing to this folder by default:

Can't See My TIF Files in Windows 10 Fax and Scan Utility 72b4aa72-4146-4975-8af5-d94b1faa0ec5?upload=true.png

I've been working on this all night and can't figure it out. Could it be that the Fax and Scan utility can't see TIF files? I'm perplexed.

Regards,

Al

:)

Al Borges, Jan 8, 2020
  2. IT Guy Viki, Jan 8, 2020
  3. .tif files

I can't open .tif files. Any suggestions?

JohnCommins, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Can't See My TIF Files in Windows 10 Fax and Scan Utility

Windows 10 and .tif files

Hi,

Before providing the next steps needed to resolve your concern with the .TIF files, we would like to know if you have already tried the steps provided by IT Guy Viki above. If yes, what was the result?

We'll be waiting for your update.

Dennis Mop, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't See My TIF Files in Windows 10 Fax and Scan Utility

1. Can't See My TIF Files in Windows 10 Fax and Scan Utility - Similar Threads - Can't TIF Files

2. windows fax and scan on a windows 11 laptop can't see my epson et4750 fax

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows fax and scan on a windows 11 laptop can't see my epson et4750 fax: windows fax and scan find the scanner portion of the printer but not the fax. I really need to use it as a fax. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax-and-scan-on-a-windows-11-laptop-cant/f27cb7ad-593a-495b-b4f7-772ed6690293
  3. windows fax and scan on a windows 11 laptop can't see my epson et4750 fax

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows fax and scan on a windows 11 laptop can't see my epson et4750 fax: windows fax and scan find the scanner portion of the printer but not the fax. I really need to use it as a fax. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax-and-scan-on-a-windows-11-laptop-cant/f27cb7ad-593a-495b-b4f7-772ed6690293
  4. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf: Does anyone know how to stop Windows Fax & Scan from converting received faxes to .pdf files? I can watch the file show up as a .tif file then in a few seconds the file is converted to a .pdf. Windows Fax & Scan is running on a server and saves a copy of incoming faxes to a...
  5. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf: Does anyone know how to stop Windows Fax & Scan from converting received faxes to .pdf files? I can watch the file show up as a .tif file then in a few seconds the file is converted to a .pdf. Windows Fax & Scan is running on a server and saves a copy of incoming faxes to a...
  6. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

7. Why does Windows 10 Fax and Scan persist in scanning documents in .tif format and not .pdf...

Why does Windows 10 Fax and Scan persist in scanning documents in .tif format and not .pdf...: I cannot understand why Windows still scans only to ".tif" and does not have an option to scan to ".pdf". Can the the Windows software in this day and age not be upgraded to allow scanning directly to .pdf? It is an unnecessary cumbersome and irritating process to have...
  8. Faxed TIF Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Faxed TIF Files: Hello - I cannot open any Faxes that have been sent as a TIF file. I have tried to save it as word, pdf and jpeg without success. I have downloaded file software that claims to open TIF files also. I've read some "solutions" in the community but they are very old. I...
  9. Can't find Windows fax and scan.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find Windows fax and scan.: I have windows 10. I upgraded over a year ago. No problems. I was in the hospital 5 months , hubby didn't run any updates, still getting things working. Can't find Windows fax and scan. Found it two days ago but ti wasn't easy. Now needing it again and it's not in settings...
  10. Windows 10 will not send fax - wants a tif file!?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not send fax - wants a tif file!?: I scanned a few documents as jpegs. I want to use Windows 10 fax and scan, and now get this message Windows can't fax or preview the attached file type. Try installing a program that allows you to print .tif files, save the attached file as a .tif file, and then try again....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows fax and scan cant find scanner