Windows 10: Can't see my USB 3.0 external drive.

Discus and support Can't see my USB 3.0 external drive. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Seagate Model- SRD00F1 USB 3.0 that is not recognized by Windows Disk Management. I do get the connection audio sound when I plug it in but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alan Supalla, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Can't see my USB 3.0 external drive.

I have a Seagate Model- SRD00F1 USB 3.0 that is not recognized by Windows Disk Management. I do get the connection audio sound when I plug it in but that's it. Any suggestions??? Thanks for your help.

:)

Alan Supalla, Mar 9, 2020
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, May 26, 2020
  3. Static~Charge, May 26, 2020
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Can't see my USB 3.0 external drive.

Toshiba External USB drives not showing in Explorer or Disk Management Plug-in

Thank you for the update.

Looks like your system is unable to detect your external hard drive. Let's see if scanning for new hardware will fix the issue. Follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Device Manager and press Enter.
    • Under Device Manager, select Action tab > Scan for hardware changes.
    • Wait for your system to install the generic driver for your device and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you perform the following recommendations below:

• Plug in your external USB drives to other USB device port of your system.
    • Use other USB cables for your external device to connect to your system.

Keep us updated and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't see my USB 3.0 external drive.

1. Can't see my USB 3.0 external drive. - Similar Threads - Can't USB external

2. File History can't see external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History can't see external hard drive: File History can no longer see my external hard drive, 4tb WD My Passport. I have used this drive previously with file history on this very computer and on my laptop so I know it can work. A little while ago I decided to temporarily stop using File History, but now when I try...
  3. Windows sees new external SSD as a USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows sees new external SSD as a USB drive: Hi there. I'm a video editor and I recently bought a external SSD a HP P500, 250GB to use as a cache drive. It arrived as I was having trouble doing a clean install of Windows and due to the lack of flash drivers laying around, I used the brand new external SSD as the...
  4. Can't see external drives in File Explorer

Can't see external drives in File Explorer: I have 3 external disks and none of them are recognised when I plug them in, the usb ports are ok as I can plug any usb drives and use them with no issues. I have used these 3 drives with no problems in the past. I think a Windows 10 update has caused some issues? Please...
  5. USB External Drives (3 different types) no longer working

USB External Drives (3 different types) no longer working: Windows 10 x64 (up to date) here. MSI X570 Carbon Wifi Ryzen 3700X GTX 1080ti I have three different external USB drives which are suddenly no longer working. -1 WD My Book 2TB (keeps restarting, disconnects/reconnects as soon as you connect the USB) -1 SanDisk Extreme...
  6. Unable to see External USB Drive in Explorer Window

Unable to see External USB Drive in Explorer Window: I have an external USB drive with data from a previous computer that I want to transfer to my new Surface2 Computer. Device manager says it is working properly and drivers are up to date, but I can not access it through Explorer window. I don't see the option to add a drive...
  7. I can't see an external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't see an external drive: I'm trying to move 4G of files from an iOmega external drive to my WD 4T backup drive, but Windows Explorer does not see the iOmega drive. Device Manager sees it, its driver is updated, I disabled and enabled it, tried various USB ports, rebooted my laptop, but Windows...
  8. USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3.: USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3. In a partitioned drive it only shows one partition. With thumb drives it works okay. I posted this last week but I was hit by scammers, that`s why I`m posting again. Thanks in advance....
  9. Can't format external USB drive.

Can't format external USB drive.: I am trying to format 2 partitions on an external 1TB USB3 drive. I had 2 ExFat partitions (partitions 6 and 7) which I have deleted and created 2 new ones using diskpart which I want to format NTFS. When I try to format them using disk management it hangs, explorer...
  10. Can't access drives in external USB 3 enclosures

Can't access drives in external USB 3 enclosures: Ever since I switched over to my new Windows 10 PC, I haven't been able to access my external USB 3.0 enclosures. They are all 4-disk enclosures by IcyDock (Black Vortex). On my old Windows 7 PC, all I had to do was turn it on and all 4 drives were detected via USB 3. Now on...