Windows 10: Can't see my W10 laptop from my W7 desktop since I have done updates

Discus and support Can't see my W10 laptop from my W7 desktop since I have done updates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all :) Until today, I was able to see my W10 laptop from my W7 desktop, and transfer files from the Dtop to the Ltop w/o issue. I have just run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by riffwraith, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Can't see my W10 laptop from my W7 desktop since I have done updates

Hi all Can't see my W10 laptop from my W7 desktop since I have done updates :)

Until today, I was able to see my W10 laptop from my W7 desktop, and transfer files from the Dtop to the Ltop w/o issue.

I have just run Windows update on the laptop, which I had not done in forever, and now, when trying to access the Ltop, I get this:

Can't see my W10 laptop from my W7 desktop since I have done updates [​IMG]

I can still see my second W7 Dtop from the first, so this must be a W10/Ltop issue.

I was hoping someone can guide me here, as I have no idea where to start looking.

Thanks in advance.

:)

riffwraith, Aug 8, 2020
  2. BobiJoBJ Win User

W7 to W10 upgrade

I have tried to upgrade to W10 home premium from my 64-bit W7 home premium operating system on my laptop. I checked that I meet all requirements and have tried everything anyone ever suggested. I wasted 2 days in December 2015, and still failed.

I had no problem in March 2016 upgrading my desktop W7 Ultimate to W10, so I thought I might try again to upgrade my W7 home premium.

I have now wasted another 2 days in March trying to upgrade the laptop. Either it is a problem with my laptop that the Windows Update Trouble-Shooter does not find, or W7 Home Premium (64) will not upgrade to W10. I give up.

BobiJoBJ, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Can't revert from W10 to W7

Hi. Sony don't have any updated drivers for Windows 10 on my laptop (bought with Windows 7 installed) nor do they intend to provide any. I've been on their website and they don't list my laptop never mind about drivers for it (Vaio VPCS11X9E running W7 Professional)

My problem is that in W10 my screen is very dark and difficult to work with. This is why I want to revert back to Windows 7. I understood that I could do this within a month but when I go to the 'revert' screen I get the message

'We're sorry but you can't go back. The files we need to take you back to a previous version of Windows were removed from this PC'

All I've done so far is follow the instructions! Help!

Will I have to do a clean rebuild? If so how do I get hold of a W7 system disc? I'm no geek and getting very worried...

KabaleBabe, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Can't see my W10 laptop from my W7 desktop since I have done updates

W7 laptop will not see W10home (1803) desktop or its printer

W7 laptop will not see W10 home (1803) desktop or its printer (WIFI). Saw it fine when desktop was W7 pro.

JRHutchinson, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't see my W10 laptop from my W7 desktop since I have done updates

1. Can't see my W10 laptop from my W7 desktop since I have done updates - Similar Threads - Can't W10 laptop

2. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  3. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  4. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving data from W7 laptop to W10 laptop

Moving data from W7 laptop to W10 laptop: My wife is still using a Windows 7 laptop. She resists change. It's hdd is divided into a C: W7 system partition and an E: data partition. She is now getting a Windows 10 laptop and I need to move her data and installed programs (mostly MS office 2002, Thunderbird set up as...
  6. Can't scan from my printer since recent W10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't scan from my printer since recent W10 update: I and several others here can not scan any longer sine a recent W10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-scan-from-my-printer-since-recent-w10-update/70fccfc6-06f6-491c-9f25-89eb93c0615b
  7. Lost Bluetooth drivers since moving from W7 to W10

Lost Bluetooth drivers since moving from W7 to W10: Hi, I've lost the Bluetooth drivers on my HP Touchsmart 520 since upgrading from W7 to W10. Where can I find a replacement driver? HP website recommended coming to MS so here I am. Cheers, Steve...
  8. What have I done to my laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What have I done to my laptop?: About two weeks ago I used the steps in this video to fix a problem I was having with a certain website https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGPS01qrobc I use my android phone as a hotspot for my laptop, but after doing the steps in this video my laptop has started to refuse...
  9. since i went from w8 w10 i have no bluetooth on my laptop

since i went from w8 w10 i have no bluetooth on my laptop: I lost blue tooth when I went from w8 to w10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-i-went-from-w8-w10-i-have-no-bluetooth-on-my/2145b920-c02b-4acf-b469-a9bd92ebd374
  10. Return from W10 to W7

Return from W10 to W7: Is there anyway I can replace W10 with W7.This small notebook I purchased came with W8 installed and I then took the free upgrade to W10 but however hard I try W10 is not for me. 27444