Windows 10: Can't see NAS (SMBv1), even via IP address (tried common solutions)

Discus and support Can't see NAS (SMBv1), even via IP address (tried common solutions) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a DLINK DNS-325 NAS which worked fine until this week. The issue started after I performed an in-place upgrade. (To fix an unrelated Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Blaq, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Blaq Win User

Can't see NAS (SMBv1), even via IP address (tried common solutions)

I have a DLINK DNS-325 NAS which worked fine until this week.

• The issue started after I performed an in-place upgrade. (To fix an unrelated Windows Store problem.)
    • I restored the NAS to factory settings and manually rebuilt its settings.
    • I can access the NAS's Web-based UI without a problem and it reports no errors. I can also ping it without any error.
    I have tried several solutions, some from "My nas devices are not showing in Windows File Explorer - Network, Windows 10 version 1703, build 15063.332" for example.

• Network reset
    • Enabled SMBv1
    • Forced my PC to be the Master Browser
    • Force-enabled "Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP"
    To take Windows networking out of the equation, I'm initially trying to access the NAS by its static IP, 192.168.*. In the command window:

• I can ping it without problem
    • `net view \\192.168.*` gives an error 53.
    What should my next steps be? Thanks.

:)

2. Pauli O Win User

NAS Drive IP

1) Check you NAS Drive manuals how to change IP address to static.

2) Change your router settings so that DHCP Server is manually assigned to give that NAS predefined IP address linked to NAS MAC address.

Pauli O, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Geethu B Win User
    ip address problem

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with IP Address, I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due incorrect TCP\IP Address settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to reset TCP\IP and check if it helps.

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try these steps to Flush DNS and request a new IP address from your ISP server. Check if it helps.

• Click on
      Start and type cmd on start search.

• Right-click on command prompt Run
      and selectas administrator.

• At the command prompt, type the following commands and hit
      Enter after each command.

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

exit

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Can't see NAS (SMBv1), even via IP address (tried common solutions)

IP Address

Hi Will,

You might need your computer's IP address if you want to set up an Internet connection, allow other people to connect to your PC, or need to troubleshoot network problems. Kindly follow these steps to find the IP address of your computer:

• Select the Start button , start typing View network connections, and then select it in the list.
    • Select an active network connection, and then, in the toolbar, select
      View status of this connection
      . (You might need to select the chevron icon to find this command.)
    • Select Details. (Your PC's IP address appears in the
      Value
      column, next to IPv4 Address).
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Can't see NAS (SMBv1), even via IP address (tried common solutions)

1. Can't see NAS (SMBv1), even via IP address (tried common solutions) - Similar Threads - Can't NAS SMBv1

2. IP Address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IP Address: Is there a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com. Our tools are using Azure Active Directory to authenticate users and our customers have firewall to filter unwanted traffic. I don't see a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com to allow it through the...
  3. Unable to ping or see external IP addresses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to ping or see external IP addresses: On a Windows 10 computer, I have good network connectivity and can access websites with no problem, but the "connect" window in Jamulus that's supposed to display all connected servers was empty. Comparing with others on the network, we discovered one apparent...
  4. NAS only accessible via WINS name, but not via IP address

NAS only accessible via WINS name, but not via IP address: In one network I manage I sometimes get this strange error. The NAS is perfectly accessible via its name \\LAGRING but using its IP address \\172.24.57.3 gives an error the error message suggests it is unavailable or that you don't have access rights. I have not found a...
  5. Access set of IP addresses via Build-in VPN

Access set of IP addresses via Build-in VPN: Hi all, I have this problem at my work place: there is a trusted service that provides data, that has to be constantly received online. The only way to receive them is to connect to their VPN and use dedicated application. I was able to connect to it using build-in VPN, but...
  6. IP Address.

IP Address.: How do I find the IP address of mu computer (running W10)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/00092bb2-a514-4914-9938-3ca553c4e29a
  7. Can't see the NAS

Can't see the NAS: Hi, I just bought a Surface Book2 (Win10 and update), I can't find my NAS or any other device through my network. I have checked through the advance network sharing setting and also adjusted the FDPHost & FDResPub into automatically. The NAS & other devices can show...
  8. IP Address

in Windows 10 Customization
    IP Address: How do I find the IP address of my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/2bb05fc1-6350-45a4-bd4d-fdd5a278655e
  9. printer errors via IP address, but prints fine via USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer errors via IP address, but prints fine via USB: I recently installed a printer via TCP/IP (using the IP number on the printed configuration page) and the test page won't print due to error. However, I installed the same printer via USB and the test page prints fine. suggestions?...
  10. IP Address

IP Address: How can I find my IP Address on facebook as I thank someone has tried to hack my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/ip-address/4bba95ea-7fb3-4096-ae5e-95e62cbee6c2