Windows 10: Can't see networked PC but can connect to shard folder

Discus and support Can't see networked PC but can connect to shard folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why how can I access a shared filed on PC #4 but I can't see PC #4 under network?!?? both PCs under 18363.535 146349 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisPbass, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Can't see networked PC but can connect to shard folder

Why

how can I access a shared filed on PC #4 but I can't see PC #4 under network?!??

both PCs under 18363.535

:)

ChrisPbass, Dec 13, 2019
  2. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Can't see networked PC but can connect to shard folder :)

Frogger, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Can't see networked PC but can connect to shard folder

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Can't see networked PC but can connect to shard folder

1. Can't see networked PC but can connect to shard folder - Similar Threads - Can't networked connect

2. Can see router but can't connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can see router but can't connect: Windows 10 did an update and I can't connect to my router not even using 192.168.1.1 or web address. I'm able to see it and that is all. Windows tells me it can't connect to network and I tried a lot of the suggestions and still nothing. Window refuses to even let me reload...
  3. Can't see PC & laptop on network

Can't see PC & laptop on network: I have just purchased a brand-new laptop and I cannot get it to show on my network. I've gone into network & sharing and I've checked all the relevant boxes but it still won't work. Any help would be appreciated....
  4. NEW PC Can see PC's in network but cannot connect

NEW PC Can see PC's in network but cannot connect: Hi Recently purchased new PC. All worked fine for 2 weeks I was able to connect to network PC's and Drive by IP address and now suddenly can't. SMB1 done and ''ON'' at first setup in order to connect to network drive as it requires it. Network discovery done all on. I...
  5. Win 10 PC can't see itself under Network Folder

Win 10 PC can't see itself under Network Folder: I remote support family computers. There are two computers PC-1 and PC-2 on a home LAN. Both PCs list PC-2 under their Network Folder but neither list PC-1. However, a UNC path works as PC-2 can access \\PC-1\c$. I'm trying to get PC-1 to list itself under Network. PC Specs...
  6. Can see a PC in Network Neighborhood But can't connect to share

Can see a PC in Network Neighborhood But can't connect to share: There are 5 PCs on a network. PC1 is running as a server for a program Think Quickbooks as an example. The 2 folders are shared from PC1. All of the computers can see PC1 and see/map/use the shared drives except PC2. PC 2 can see PC1 in network neighborhood and can...
  7. Win 10 PC can't see itself under Network Folder

Win 10 PC can't see itself under Network Folder: I remote support family computers using TeamViewer. This problem has two computers PC-1 and PC-2 on a home LAN. Neither PC-1 or PC-2 see PC-1 under Network Folder. Both PCs see PC-2 under Network. I'm trying to get PC-1 to see itself under Network. Although neither computer...
  8. Can't See Networked Computer / Folders

Can't See Networked Computer / Folders: windows 10 pro. for the life of me i don't know why setting up a simple home network is such a pain in the neck, seems like it should a pretty darn easy deal. anyway, updated windows a couple of nights ago which of course wiped out my visible shared folders that, btw, i...
  9. PC can see networks but can't connect

PC can see networks but can't connect: For the last fortnight, I have had my PC connecting to the internet through a laptop that has a mobile hopspot set up. After a power cut last night my PC would have unexpectedly turned off. This means that although I can see the networks, my PC refuses to connect. I reset...
  10. Can see network, but cannot connect

Can see network, but cannot connect: I have discovery and sharing on, and I can see the network, but cannot connect. I have 'forgotten' the network and re-connected, but that doesn't resolve the issue. I reach the internet through this network but cannot connect to our server, and other computers connect to it...