Windows 10: Can't See Own PC Under Network

Discus and support Can't See Own PC Under Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My PC shares do not appear in its own Network window or on other PCs but it does appear if you enter the full path into Explorer e.g. \\My_Computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steve C, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

Can't See Own PC Under Network

My PC shares do not appear in its own Network window or on other PCs but it does appear if you enter the full path into Explorer e.g. \\My_Computer. All works fine after I do a Network Reset. I've tried all the usual configuration checks but only Network Reset seems to work. The errant behaviour usually returns after several reboots.

:)

Steve C, Jun 17, 2019
  2. wortex Win User

My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

wortex, Jun 17, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 17, 2019
  4. Eric2139 Win User

How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't See Own PC Under Network - Similar Threads - Can't Own Under

2. My own PC is appearing under "Network" tab in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My own PC is appearing under "Network" tab in File Explorer: Hello everyone.I am experiencing quite of an headache here, as I'm puzzled whether this "issue" is normal behaviour of W11 or is related to some issues on behalf of my PC or Network Router. I should mention that I am currently running a virtual Linux distro under WSL 2, in...
  3. My own PC is appearing under "Network" tab in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My own PC is appearing under "Network" tab in File Explorer: Hello everyone.I am experiencing quite of an headache here, as I'm puzzled whether this "issue" is normal behaviour of W11 or is related to some issues on behalf of my PC or Network Router. I should mention that I am currently running a virtual Linux distro under WSL 2, in...
  4. Mac can't see PC on home network ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mac can't see PC on home network ?: My Mac running OSX Sierra can't see my Win-10 PC on my home network ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mac-cant-see-pc-on-home-network/d081296d-624c-46b3-ad75-fb7f781d8285
  5. Seeing “Hidden Network” under connections

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seeing “Hidden Network” under connections: When I look at my internet connections I’m seeing “Hidden Network”. I’m not connected to it but why am I seeing this? Does it have anything to do with someone trying to hack or view my computer. Just seems weird to me There’s two. One wants a password and the other does not...
  6. Can't see PC & laptop on network

Can't see PC & laptop on network: I have just purchased a brand-new laptop and I cannot get it to show on my network. I've gone into network & sharing and I've checked all the relevant boxes but it still won't work. Any help would be appreciated....
  7. Win 10 PC can't see itself under Network Folder

Win 10 PC can't see itself under Network Folder: I remote support family computers. There are two computers PC-1 and PC-2 on a home LAN. Both PCs list PC-2 under their Network Folder but neither list PC-1. However, a UNC path works as PC-2 can access \\PC-1\c$. I'm trying to get PC-1 to list itself under Network. PC Specs...
  8. Win 10 PC can't see itself under Network Folder

Win 10 PC can't see itself under Network Folder: I remote support family computers using TeamViewer. This problem has two computers PC-1 and PC-2 on a home LAN. Neither PC-1 or PC-2 see PC-1 under Network Folder. Both PCs see PC-2 under Network. I'm trying to get PC-1 to see itself under Network. Although neither computer...
  9. Can't See Other PC's On Home Network

Can't See Other PC's On Home Network: I need to connect two laptops on my home network via WiFi, one of which has a printer attached via USB that I need to share. I read this recent post from Yertiz on the same issue. I followed the tutorial here on this forum, and then the suggestions in Yertiz's post. I still...
  10. PC can see networks but can't connect

PC can see networks but can't connect: For the last fortnight, I have had my PC connecting to the internet through a laptop that has a mobile hopspot set up. After a power cut last night my PC would have unexpectedly turned off. This means that although I can see the networks, my PC refuses to connect. I reset...