Windows 10: Can't see PC & laptop on network

Discus and support Can't see PC & laptop on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just purchased a brand-new laptop and I cannot get it to show on my network. I've gone into network & sharing and I've checked all the relevant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PennWooding69, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Can't see PC & laptop on network

I have just purchased a brand-new laptop and I cannot get it to show on my network. I've gone into network & sharing and I've checked all the relevant boxes but it still won't work. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

PennWooding69, Oct 20, 2020

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Groggubus Win User
    Network PC Win10 1903 issue Error Code 0x80070035

i followed these steps, but no matter what, i couldnt stop network list services.

"windows could not stop the network list service on local computer. error 1061: the service cannot accept control messages at this time".

also, which pc am i meant to be running this fix on? both PC's reported error 1061.

Groggubus, Oct 20, 2020
  4. wortex Win User

Can't see PC & laptop on network

My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

wortex, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Can't see PC & laptop on network

1. Can't see PC & laptop on network - Similar Threads - Can't laptop network

2. Laptop can't see main PC even though PC can see laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop can't see main PC even though PC can see laptop: Both rigs running Win 10 20H2 build 19042.1052. I am able to access the internet from the laptop and I managed to share a printer that is connected to the PC with the laptop. For about eight months I've been attempting to set up a home network for file sharing with my custom...
  3. Mac can't see PC on home network ?

Mac can't see PC on home network ?: My Mac running OSX Sierra can't see my Win-10 PC on my home network ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mac-cant-see-pc-on-home-network/d081296d-624c-46b3-ad75-fb7f781d8285
  4. Can't See Other PC's On Home Network

Can't See Other PC's On Home Network: I need to connect two laptops on my home network via WiFi, one of which has a printer attached via USB that I need to share. I read this recent post from Yertiz on the same issue. I followed the tutorial here on this forum, and then the suggestions in Yertiz's post. I still...
  5. My Laptop can't see my wifi network

My Laptop can't see my wifi network: I have a very frustrating one. I had a problem with my wireless Router, so I bought a new one different model, I figured while I was spending the money I'd get a Wifi6 router so hopefully I'll be good for a good long while I installed it, and have it online. My old...
  6. Laptop does not see PC in network, Pc sees laptop but has no access it

Laptop does not see PC in network, Pc sees laptop but has no access it: Hello, I have tried to solve this problem now since I got a new laptop, that's nearly a year now. One laptop has now Windows Home 1903, all updates, connected via Wifi to the network. One PC with Windows 10 pro 1903 all updates, connected via a cable to the network. I have...
  7. PC can see networks but can't connect

PC can see networks but can't connect: For the last fortnight, I have had my PC connecting to the internet through a laptop that has a mobile hopspot set up. After a power cut last night my PC would have unexpectedly turned off. This means that although I can see the networks, my PC refuses to connect. I reset...
  8. Can't See Own PC Under Network

Can't See Own PC Under Network: My PC shares do not appear in its own Network window or on other PCs but it does appear if you enter the full path into Explorer e.g. \\My_Computer. All works fine after I do a Network Reset. I've tried all the usual configuration checks but only Network Reset seems to work....
  9. W10 1809 laptops on network can't see others

W10 1809 laptops on network can't see others: This is MS's worst cluster in my experience. much worse than screwing with networking in XP or Win95. Unbelieveable that in 2019, there is no easy way to network several laptops with a plain vanilla desktop. Infuriating. Why should I have to dick around with SMB's and other...
  10. Laptop can't see others on network

Laptop can't see others on network: Have 2 laptops (Windows 10 Home) and a desktop (Windows 10 Pro), all on same network, same workgroup and all are joined to the same homegroup. All have up to date Windows 10 creators update. The problem is, Under network in file explorer, One laptop and the desktop can see...