Windows 10: Can't see "Recently Used Apps" on Start Menu

Discus and support Can't see "Recently Used Apps" on Start Menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I click on the clock to show Recently Added/Used Apps, but I still only see Most Used Apps. I tried changing this on the System Settings but still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RedditUser_2594, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Can't see "Recently Used Apps" on Start Menu

I click on the clock to show Recently Added/Used Apps, but I still only see Most Used Apps. I tried changing this on the System Settings but still nothing. Tried rebooting my PC and nothing. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/RedditUser_2594
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RedditUser_2594, Nov 7, 2020
  2. CharlesWC Win User

Frequently used apps in Start menu

Thank you for the information. I followed the instructions (this is Windows 10). The items on the Start menu are:

1. Show More Tiles. It was turned off so I turned it back on.

2. Show App List in Start Menu - ON

3. Show Recently Added Apps - ON

4. Show Most Used Apps - Off but is gray so I cannot do anything with it.

5. Occasionally Show Suggestions in Start - Off

6. Use Full Start Screen - Off

7. Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar - On

Even with turning the Show More Tiles on the Show Most Used Apps is not available. Any suggestions?

CharlesWC, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Preventing Recently Added apps on Start Menu from Auto Deletion

@dalchina, How can I view the installed programs in installed date order.

Manasan3010, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Can't see "Recently Used Apps" on Start Menu

can't choose recent files from Start menu

Hi Kim,

Showing your recently opened items from the Start menu may not be enabled. For you to see your pinned or recently opened files for each app in the apps list, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Start.
    2. Toggle on the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar option.

Once the option is enabled, try opening some files from any of your Office apps. The recently opened files should now appear under
    Recent when you right-click a particular app in the App list. Please note that once this option is disabled or toggled off, all the recently opened files will be removed from the
    Start menu and from the File Explorer > Quick access.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Can't see "Recently Used Apps" on Start Menu

1. Can't see "Recently Used Apps" on Start Menu - Similar Threads - Can't Recently Used

2. View "recently used" apps/programs in start menu in Windows 10 ??

in Windows 10 Customization
    View "recently used" apps/programs in start menu in Windows 10 ??: Hi! How do you get "recently" used apps/programs i.e not most frequently used to show up in the Windows 10 start menu?? I really hoped that one can accomplish this by standard settings otherwise it's yet another reason to continue to use "Classic Shell" ... Current...
  3. Can't use my start menu.

Can't use my start menu.: Hello there, my start menu is opening and that's all about it. Nothing can be clicked, used, etc. Used this command: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} But Powershell says "Access...
  4. Recent application in start menu

Recent application in start menu: The start menu use to show applications that you recently opened. Not sure when it happened, but they are no longer there. Is there a way to bring this back?...
  5. Start menu Icons not sorting recent Apps icons

Start menu Icons not sorting recent Apps icons: Hello! My newly installed apps icons not showing ON TOP to start, only sorting alphabetically... Figured out this problem happening from this morning... tried to change some settings on 'Start' but not working, Please Help !! here is the picture[ATTACH]...
  6. Can't Click on Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Click on Start Menu Apps: When I open the start menu and try to search for something/click on something it doesn't do anything. After restarting, sometimes it doesn't even let me click on the windows button at all (I can still open it with the windows key.) I've seen a lot of threads on this but...
  7. See Recent Items and Customize Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    See Recent Items and Customize Start Menu: I would like set my Win10 PC up similar to the way I have Windows 7 setup. I would like to see "Recent Items" and "Administrative Tools" on the Start Menu. Is there anyway to customize the start menu? 135642
  8. Start menu "recent items"

Start menu "recent items": Hi, I have "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" set to Off (in the Personalization -> Start section of PC seetings), but recently opened items still appear. If I turn the setting "On, and then "Off" again, it clears the lists. But ultimately,...
  9. Can't pin apps to start-menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't pin apps to start-menu.: Is this really a limitation for win10? Obviously apps can be pinned as tiles, but it's impossible to pin them to the left area? *Huh It seems that only a select list of folders can be pinned there, but not apps, or any personal folders. You're stuck with some automated...
  10. Start Menu Recent files

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Recent files: On windows 7 it's convenient to have recent file at Start menu. How can I find this on windows 10? 11471