Windows 10: Can't see Sleep mode option in power settings

Discus and support Can't see Sleep mode option in power settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; On my windows 10 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu. I then looked up on the internet for solutions but when explored the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PrakharSrivastava2, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Can't see Sleep mode option in power settings

On my windows 10 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu. I then looked up on the internet for solutions but when explored the control panel and the settings, the sleep option was not available in Settings>System>Power and Sleep. It also wasn't available in Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Power Options>Choose what the power button does>Change Settings that are currently unavailable. After going this deep, the only thing I found was shut down and hibernate. The sleep option has just gone. Pls tell what is the solution for this. Responses will be truly

:)

PrakharSrivastava2, Jul 14, 2021

2. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Jul 14, 2021
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 14, 2021
  4. Can't see Sleep mode option in power settings

Sleep mode no longer function on display power?

Hi,

Thank you for posting to our Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below methods and check if it works,

Method 1: Power Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

Please let us know whether you are able to see the sleep mode options by referring the following steps

1. In Search bar type Control panel

2. Select Power options

3. In power saver select change power settings and after that
    select Change advanced power settings in that check whether you can see the
    sleep mode.

Also refer the below link,

Power plans: frequently asked questions

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

Can't see Sleep mode option in power settings

1. Can't see Sleep mode option in power settings - Similar Threads - Can't Sleep mode

2. no power mode option in power setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no power mode option in power setting: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 to 11. Then, I went to the power settings in Windows 11. At first, I saw an option to change to the High Performance power plan. I switched it to Balanced, but then when I went back to the power settings, the power mode option was completely...
  3. no power mode option in power setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no power mode option in power setting: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 to 11. Then, I went to the power settings in Windows 11. At first, I saw an option to change to the High Performance power plan. I switched it to Balanced, but then when I went back to the power settings, the power mode option was completely...
  4. Settings power mode is no list option

Settings power mode is no list option: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-power-mode-is-no-list-option/8b1fc281-907d-4fdf-9db2-83ebb19ef7b9
  5. Settings power mode is no list option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings power mode is no list option: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-power-mode-is-no-list-option/8b1fc281-907d-4fdf-9db2-83ebb19ef7b9
  6. No option to set Sleep MODE after update

No option to set Sleep MODE after update: Will not allow setting Spell mode. How do I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-set-sleep-mode-after-update/9baf8281-8e6d-48a0-91f7-44ffd14efeac
  7. No option to set Sleep MODE after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No option to set Sleep MODE after update: Will not allow setting Spell mode. How do I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-set-sleep-mode-after-update/9baf8281-8e6d-48a0-91f7-44ffd14efeac
  8. No option to set Sleep MODE after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. sleep and power option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep and power option: my laptop go to sleep by it self even when i set sleep option to never sleep or close the display i need help its almost every 5 mins its goes to sleep and i get mad of it...
  10. Can't change Sleep Mode settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't change Sleep Mode settings: I have windows 10 on my desktop. In Power and sleep settings no matter what i do, it keeps resetting every evening back to sleep after 1min. I have changed reg settings and made custom power settings, but nothing works for more than a day or two. Getting very tiresome!...