Windows 10: Can't see the list of wifi networks

Discus and support Can't see the list of wifi networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't see the wifi icon on taskbar or the little up arrow, when i go to the wifi list there is no wifi to connect to, network status appears to be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Edorff, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Edorff Win User

Can't see the list of wifi networks

I can't see the wifi icon on taskbar or the little up arrow, when i go to the wifi list there is no wifi to connect to, network status appears to be a weird line, i'm also on windows 10 and on pc

:)

Edorff, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Mystere Win User

Mystery Phone Listing on Network

That's actually been happening in Windows for a long time, even back to windows 8 I was seeing it randomly appear (it can be different devices). It seems to be some kind of false positive detection.

Some suggest that this is neighbors connecting to your wifi network. The idea is that the MAC address may be propogated, even though these neighbors are not actually authorized for your network (ie, your router is advertising these mac addresses, but they can't actually use your network, but for some reason they still show up in the list of connected devices).

When you check your WIFI router, the devices won't be listed there, since they haven't been given IP's.. but something in the network architecture still allows MAC advertisement.

Mystere, Sep 11, 2019
  3. edit wifi network list

remove networks from wifi list

davefishsound, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Can't see the list of wifi networks

Broadcast WIFI Network Not Showing Up in Network List

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you’re able to view the WIFI network, when you scan for the available network?

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run network troubleshooter.

1) Press Windows key + x key and select Control panel.

2) Select Troubleshooting.

3) Select Network and Internet, click Internet Connections.

4) Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: Update network driver.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x, select
      Device Manager.

• Right click the Network Adapter drivers.

• Select Update driver software

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Can't see the list of wifi networks

1. Can't see the list of wifi networks - Similar Threads - Can't list wifi

2. Unable to see home network on available wifi list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to see home network on available wifi list: Recently lost connection to my home wifi network and when I went to reconnect, my home network was not listed. I can see other networks available, but not my own. Other devices are on my network and working fine. O/S is windows 8.1So far, I have done the following:Rebooted my...
  3. Unable to see home network on available wifi list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to see home network on available wifi list: Recently lost connection to my home wifi network and when I went to reconnect, my home network was not listed. I can see other networks available, but not my own. Other devices are on my network and working fine. O/S is windows 8.1So far, I have done the following:Rebooted my...
  4. cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other: I have an USB WI-FI adapter that has been and is still working perfectly. Suddenly it cant see my wifi network today while every other device can see and can connect to that wifi network. I tried restarting the router, returning the router to factory settings, changing the...
  5. cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other: I have an USB WI-FI adapter that has been and is still working perfectly. Suddenly it cant see my wifi network today while every other device can see and can connect to that wifi network. I tried restarting the router, returning the router to factory settings, changing the...
  6. cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't see home WiFi network but can see others in the area

Can't see home WiFi network but can see others in the area: Yesterday I could see my home WiFi network on my laptop and today I can't. All other devices in the house are still connected to and can see and connect to it but my laptop can't even see it. On my laptop I can see other WiFi networks in the area but not my own. I've rebooted...
  8. can't see my 5G wifi network

can't see my 5G wifi network: Why can't I see my 5G wifi network. my cellphone can see my 5G wifi network, but my PC only sees 2.4G https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-my-5g-wifi-network/7875dafd-d237-4995-84c8-30f116f9208f
  9. I Can't see Wirless Networks on The WIFI list.

I Can't see Wirless Networks on The WIFI list.: So Basically, i wanted to connect my Wireless* Wifi To My Pc But the problem i couldn't see the netwrok Lists.. It shows me only my Ethernet is connected :( [ I tried to Reinstall Lan / Wlan Drivers.. Update Them.. / CMD Commands ... ] But Nothing. ( I have the last...
  10. Wifi Network Not Showing in List

Wifi Network Not Showing in List: Hello, We had a power outage yesterday that reset our router to factory default settings. We fixed the router and not is is using the name/pw we want but while I see the router/network on my laptop (chromebook) and can connect to it just fine, I can't see the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot see the wifi on the list