Windows 10: Can't see the wifi adapter in the device manager and can't connect to any wifi

Discus and support Can't see the wifi adapter in the device manager and can't connect to any wifi in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I installed Windows 10 on a laptop but I can't find the wifi adapter in the device manager. I tried to install the driver from the manufacturer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wearethewildyouth, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Can't see the wifi adapter in the device manager and can't connect to any wifi

Hi,

I installed Windows 10 on a laptop but I can't find the wifi adapter in the device manager. I tried to install the driver from the manufacturer but it didn't help. To check if the adapter is working i booted from a linux live usb and there the wifi is working fine. Can anyone help me?

Edit: Solved the issue, the problem was a missing chipset driver

submitted by /u/wearethewildyouth
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wearethewildyouth, Oct 29, 2019
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. Try3 Win User
    Update made wifi adapter disapear

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle but there is no wifi section in Settings, Networks then reinstall the wifi adapter.

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle and there is a wifi section in Settings, Networks then use Settings, Update, Troubleshoot. I'd suggest this sequence:-
    Hardware & devices
    Network adapter
    Internet connections

Best of luck,
    Denis

4. jaftwo Win User

Can't see the wifi adapter in the device manager and can't connect to any wifi

WiFi Management

I just had a new Internet connection added to my system. Previously, I used our buildings WiFi, but it frequently faulted and needed a reset by building management. They were afraid to touch the equipment, so I finally gave up and go my own via AT&T. I connect with a USB WiFi adapter.

My problem -- the building WiFi networks show when I click on the Internet access icon near the notification area of Win10 and they show "Connect Automatically". I un-check that, but the next time I look, it's checked again (supposedly, you can right click a network shown on that list and select "Forget", but I don't get that option -- just "Connect" .) So I go to Manage Networks but only my AT&T network show up, so I can't choose the other one's to "Forget". Not sure where to go from here.

jaftwo, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't see the wifi adapter in the device manager and can't connect to any wifi

1. Can't see the wifi adapter in the device manager and can't connect to any wifi - Similar Threads - Can't wifi adapter

2. Can't see the WiFi logo and connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see the WiFi logo and connect to WiFi: Hi,So I have this Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 installed in it and have been using for few months. It was working all great but today suddenly, the WiFi got disconnected and was not showing any open WiFi although I sit next to the router. I restarted the laptop and try again...
  3. Can't see the WiFi logo and connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see the WiFi logo and connect to WiFi: Hi,So I have this Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 installed in it and have been using for few months. It was working all great but today suddenly, the WiFi got disconnected and was not showing any open WiFi although I sit next to the router. I restarted the laptop and try again...
  4. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  5. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  6. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can't connect to wifi device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect to wifi device: I can't connect using the shortcut...Widows key plus K to a wifi device. I added the device but can't connect to it. The device is a Roku Ultra. I tried resetting, rebooting, the whole works. I had a friend bring his Dell laptop by and it connected to the Roku device...
  8. Can't See wifi adapter in the windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't See wifi adapter in the windows 10 ?: The wifi driver is installed into my asus laptop, but It doesn't show the wireless adapter in the network and sharing center. only ehternet adapter is available....
  9. Can't connect to any wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to any wifi: Hello everyone Everytime I try to connect to a wifi network it tells me "can't connect to this network". I tried to connect to my home network and on my phone using 4G hotspot, and I still get the same error. However, I was able share wifi via USB with my phone and it worked...
  10. Can't connect to wifi devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect to wifi devices: My computer was paired and could connect to a sound bar and an Echo. I was playing music from my computer to the soundbar, and it stopped working. I removed both devices and tried to connect again. The computer could find both devices, but could no longer pair or connect....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi cant see devices