Windows 10: Cant see usb drive

Discus and support Cant see usb drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot access my external Seagate USB drive. I can see it in disc management but the change drive letter option is greyed out. I can access other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BretFreeman1, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Cant see usb drive

I cannot access my external Seagate USB drive.

I can see it in disc management but the change drive letter option is greyed out. I can access other USB drives that I plug into the same port and can access the seagate drive from other computers.

I have tried updating the driver and even uninstalling the device and re-adding it but nothing works...

any ideas?

:)

BretFreeman1, Mar 8, 2020
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Mar 8, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Cant see usb drive

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Cant see usb drive nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Cant see usb drive

1. Cant see usb drive - Similar Threads - Cant usb drive

2. Recovery USB cant "see" the hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery USB cant "see" the hard drive: I have a HP Pavilion, 2021 model. It is running Windows 11, Came with windows 10.I have an imaging program R-Drive Image that I use for backup of my other pc. When I run the recovery USB on this laptop, the recovery program can't "see" the hard drive. It can only find the USB...
  3. Recovery USB cant "see" the hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery USB cant "see" the hard drive: I have a HP Pavilion, 2021 model. It is running Windows 11, Came with windows 10.I have an imaging program R-Drive Image that I use for backup of my other pc. When I run the recovery USB on this laptop, the recovery program can't "see" the hard drive. It can only find the USB...
  4. I cant see my cd drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant see my cd drive: i know it works and it work with a cheap usb adapter but not with a normal sata cable what do i have to do? submitted by /u/Joey_0w0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2spnw/i_cant_see_my_cd_drive/
  5. cant see

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cant see: why cant i see this photo?[ATTACH] also when I delete an application in my download area is there other hidden files to delete somewhere? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see/8eb95e0c-1c0f-4898-a52c-906722e8e725
  6. Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore: Ive got a basic 16gb Verbatim USB stick , I did manage to see it in my w10 laptop to add music to it Now i cant see it at all disk manager sees it and so does Mini Tool I can see the files on my chromebook? its formatted as Fat32 Any thoughts Running W10 v1909 167115
  7. Computer not seeing a USB drive

Computer not seeing a USB drive: I am trying to make a Windows installation stick but my computer keeps telling me to insert a stick into slot E: even though from the pic you can see it there. Any help greatly appreciated 166956
  8. Computer not seeing a USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer not seeing a USB drive: I am trying to make a Windows installation stick but my computer keeps telling me to insert a stick into slot E: even though from the pic you can see it there. Any help greatly appreciated 166956
  9. Unable to see SOME usb drives

Unable to see SOME usb drives: I have just set up a new HP Envy laptop. I am left with a strange problem about which I am very mystified. I have at least 6 portable drives including a thumbdrive, a WD portable, 3 satas in caddies and 1 ssd in a caddy. All of these are seen immediately on my old desktop....
  10. I cant see whats on my USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant see whats on my USB: I have a USB Flash drive with information hat I cant get the info onto my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/i-cant-see-whats-on-my-usb/775c9cfa-962d-48b6-979f-d9e38631a375