Windows 10: Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore

Discus and support Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ive got a basic 16gb Verbatim USB stick , I did manage to see it in my w10 laptop to add music to it Now i cant see it at all disk manager sees it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bartjunited, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore

Ive got a basic 16gb Verbatim USB stick ,
    I did manage to see it in my w10 laptop to add music to it
    Now i cant see it at all
    disk manager sees it and so does Mini Tool
    I can see the files on my chromebook?
    its formatted as Fat32
    Any thoughts
    Running W10 v1909

:)

bartjunited, Oct 26, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 26, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

Try method 2 under Windows 7 8 10 here:
    Free to Remove Readonly Attribute in Windows

Method 2: Clear readonly status with Diskpart

In Windows 10, 8, 7 OS, you are also able to run Diskpart in Command Prompt to clear read-only attribute on any partition on your computer. You can follow the tutorial below:

Step 1. Open Command Line and type Diskpart
    Step 2. Type list disk
    Step 3. Type select disk (disk number)
    Step 4. Type attributes disk clear readonly

Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore [​IMG]

Then try Clean

NavyLCDR, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore

W10 1607 USB crash

Hello Jamille,

Yes i have tried inserting/ejecting in another computer PackardBellnotebook 512HDD W10 1607 Home, working OK.

In my HP i can insert and read/write on the USB stick, then the crash/freeze occurs when i ejecting the USB stick.

The HP 512 SSD have W10 1607 Pro installed, and i have read some where that there was problem with this combination when the Anniversary arrived.

I am not found of to perform the formatting suggestion you purposed, i have over 50 USB sticks in various sizes with CAD files related to customer projects.

Since everything has working fine before the W10 1607 Pro i believe that Microsoft have a system bug that needs to be sorted out very fast.

Best regards

Tommy Gustavsson

TommyGustavssonLexberg, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore

1. Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore - Similar Threads - Cant USB stick

2. Cant format 2TB USB stick on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant format 2TB USB stick on windows 10: Hi all, I have a 256 GB micro SD card which used to work of sorts.....in that it would only load so much data then stop and say there is a problem. I re formatted it but now isnt even recognised by windows 10 which shows the sd drive in explorer but says please put a disk in...
  3. Windows cant remember my USB Stick

Windows cant remember my USB Stick: Hi Windows-Support, I was about to install BitLocker on my USB stick. During installation, my computer crashed at exactly 92.1% of the process. Now the USB stick where important, even very important data was on it / is no longer recognized on every computer. I tried...
  4. Cant see usb drive

Cant see usb drive: I cannot access my external Seagate USB drive. I can see it in disc management but the change drive letter option is greyed out. I can access other USB drives that I plug into the same port and can access the seagate drive from other computers. I have tried updating the...
  5. Harddrive crashed, can't find W10 USB stick

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Harddrive crashed, can't find W10 USB stick: My drive crashed and I can't find the USB stick or packaging. I still have the amazon order though. What are my options here? I really dont want to spend another $100 on something I already had....
  6. usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...
  7. Preventing 'System Volume Information' forming on USB sticks in W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Preventing 'System Volume Information' forming on USB sticks in W10: I can delete those folders, but the Registry and Policy methods suggested by a Google search for PREVENTING their formation do not work, so is there another effective way ? I want to emphasize that I want the prevention working for USB sticks - NOT USB Hard Drives. 110851
  8. Windows 10 Not "Seeing" my USB Stick

Windows 10 Not "Seeing" my USB Stick: I've been backing up my data to a USB stick for some time. In order to have the process go faster I found articles on the web on how to do so,. One said to change the device properties form 'Quick Removal' to 'Best Performance.' When I do that WIndows locks up.. I see...
  9. Devices on network cant see W10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Devices on network cant see W10 PC: So I just upgraded from W7 to W10 and now none of the devices connected to my home network can see my PC. I have media players (WD and Nvidia Shield) devices and they cant see my PC. Ive worked at this all day with limited success. I downloaded every Android network app...
  10. Accessing Or Seeing A USB Stick Or External HD ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing Or Seeing A USB Stick Or External HD ?: Hello, Last question for the night; I promise. Pretty basic one: How do I see, and access, a USB Stick, or an external HD that I plugged in ? Thanks, Bob 30276