Windows 10: Can't See What I'm Typing in Telnet

Discus and support Can't See What I'm Typing in Telnet in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello When I open up the Microsoft Telnet Client, I am able to connect successfully, but when I do connect, I cannot see what I am typing into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShakerDarwazeh, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Can't See What I'm Typing in Telnet

Hello

When I open up the Microsoft Telnet Client, I am able to connect successfully, but when I do connect, I cannot see what I am typing into the command prompt. I am running Windows 10. I can see what I'm typing in the command prompt normally and the text color is not the same as CMD's background color. When I type something, It is being typed, but I do not see it. Is there any way I can fix this?

Thanks.

:)

ShakerDarwazeh, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to assign XShell application to URL: Telnet protocol

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to associate XShell application to URL: Telnet. You may go ahead and try adding the program using Registry Editor and see if that helps.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.
    2. Type regedit and click on OK.
    3. Now, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\telnet\shell\open\command
    4. On the right pane, double click on the (Default) value and change the file location with the location of the program that you want to associate.
    5. Close Registry editor and restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Telnet to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Telnet protocol between two Windows 10 Pcs

Hi Andre Da Costa,

Thanks for your support!

I have tried the steps to open the telnet session ,telnet session window has been opened but i cant able to type in the window. I have disabled firewall in the both the PCs also

Thanks and Regards,

Muthukumar Gopal, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Can't See What I'm Typing in Telnet

Telnet

Can you tell me where to find it, all the research I did says they only put the client on Win10, they want you to use RDP
    Can't See What I'm Typing in Telnet [​IMG]

Railroadman100, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Can't See What I'm Typing in Telnet

1. Can't See What I'm Typing in Telnet - Similar Threads - Can't I'm Typing

2. Can't set telnet client for telnet links...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set telnet client for telnet links...: If I turn on the telnet feature, it doesn't add the necessary registration keys. If I install a telnet client that is supposed to set the default telnet app, it doesn't. I seem to have the telnet client disabled in the OS. If I click on a telnet link from a browser, nothing...
  3. Can't set telnet client for telnet links...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set telnet client for telnet links...: If I turn on the telnet feature, it doesn't add the necessary registration keys. If I install a telnet client that is supposed to set the default telnet app, it doesn't. I seem to have the telnet client disabled in the OS. If I click on a telnet link from a browser, nothing...
  4. Can't set telnet client for telnet links...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Telnet works fine but telnet lib does not.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Telnet works fine but telnet lib does not.: I created a virtual router with gns3. I can connect it well with the telnet. It however fails when trying to use the exetnsion for pyhton, telnetlib....
  6. Telnet works fine but telnet lib does not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Telnet works fine but telnet lib does not.: I created a virtual router with gns3. I can connect it well with the telnet. It however fails when trying to use the exetnsion for pyhton, telnetlib....
  7. Telnet works fine but telnet lib does not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't see what I'm writing when signing in on home screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't see what I'm writing when signing in on home screen: Hi, I have a new Dell Inspiron 3000 laptop. I've set up a pin on the home screen and up until yesterday it was working fine. Now, when I type in my password, I can't see any dots registering that I'm typing my pin in. The cursor just blinks at the start like nothing is...
  9. Can't type without computer completing and screwing up what I'm typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't type without computer completing and screwing up what I'm typing: The cursor also moves to the previous line sometimes when I'm taking notes. Whenever I type the at (ampersand sign), the tepxt before it is erased. Do you see how the bulleted comment above was broken up and moved to the nepxt line? Also, see how the letter "p" is added...
  10. Telnet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Telnet: Hi All, I just signed up and this is my first post. My question is: since there is no telnet server in Windows 10 that would be the reason I can not Telnet in from my Centos VM Correct? I can Telnet into my CentosVM from my Windows VM but not vice versa, Thank You in...