Windows 10: Can't see what I'm writing when signing in on home screen

Discus and support Can't see what I'm writing when signing in on home screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new Dell Inspiron 3000 laptop. I've set up a pin on the home screen and up until yesterday it was working fine. Now, when I type in my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by elepoon, Apr 6, 2021.

1. elepoon Win User

Can't see what I'm writing when signing in on home screen

Hi, I have a new Dell Inspiron 3000 laptop. I've set up a pin on the home screen and up until yesterday it was working fine. Now, when I type in my password, I can't see any dots registering that I'm typing my pin in. The cursor just blinks at the start like nothing is happening. Upon investigation, I can type my pin in and it registers, I just can't see that I'm actually doing anything on the screen. How can I fix this, please? Is it a computer or keyboard issue?

:)

elepoon, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 6, 2021
  4. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't see what I'm writing when signing in on home screen - Similar Threads - Can't I'm writing

2. I'm stuck on the sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm stuck on the sign in screen: So, I wanted to make a local account for my computer because it was hooked to a school email I don't even use. I did the whole setup for a local account and then it said I had to make a PIN. Then it was loading like intended, and the window closed, and my computer went to...
  3. I'm stuck on the sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm stuck on the sign in screen: So, I wanted to make a local account for my computer because it was hooked to a school email I don't even use. I did the whole setup for a local account and then it said I had to make a PIN. Then it was loading like intended, and the window closed, and my computer went to...
  4. I can't sign I'm.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't sign I'm.: Hi, I was updating my Norton anti virus on my laptop, I was asked to sign in to microsoft account to continue, I was not having so I created new account, after, the antivirus started updating so I left and came back later, when I came, there was "sign in to microsoft" before...
  5. I can't sign I'm.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign I'm.: Hi, I was updating my Norton anti virus on my laptop, I was asked to sign in to microsoft account to continue, I was not having so I created new account, after, the antivirus started updating so I left and came back later, when I came, there was "sign in to microsoft" before...
  6. I can't sign I'm.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. what is this securify i see when i'm searching

in Browsers and Email
    what is this securify i see when i'm searching: i type something into the chrome browser and the first line i see for suggested searches is secruify at the end of a possible search link. i searched that and got a ton of ways for possible removal but they all call that securify a type of virus that my virus protection has...
  8. what is this securify i see when i'm searching

in Windows 10 Support
    what is this securify i see when i'm searching: i type something into the chrome browser and the first line i see for suggested searches is secruify at the end of a possible search link. i searched that and got a ton of ways for possible removal but they all call that securify a type of virus that my virus protection has...
  9. Can't See What I'm Typing in Telnet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't See What I'm Typing in Telnet: Hello When I open up the Microsoft Telnet Client, I am able to connect successfully, but when I do connect, I cannot see what I am typing into the command prompt. I am running Windows 10. I can see what I'm typing in the command prompt normally and the text color is not the...
  10. My words are changed, when I'm writing ...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My words are changed, when I'm writing ...: Feels like someone is playing with my nerves, and has taken control of my computer, but not to the extent where I can't do what I want, but the hacker who's doin this, changes my texts as I'm writing, although I never activated any spell check correctors, as far as I know...