Windows 10: Can't seem to create a pagefile.sys on any drive besides C:\

Discus and support Can't seem to create a pagefile.sys on any drive besides C:\ in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Here's a screenshot of my Virtual Memory options windows: https://i.imgur.com/4LISPUC.png You can see I have set 800-800 on C:\ and 2048-2048 on D:\... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Blutzen, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Blutzen Win User

Can't seem to create a pagefile.sys on any drive besides C:\

Here's a screenshot of my Virtual Memory options windows:
    https://i.imgur.com/4LISPUC.png

You can see I have set 800-800 on C:\ and 2048-2048 on D:\ but that Windows is reporting only 800 MB under 'Total paging file size for all drives'

I've verified by viewing the folders in Explorer with system hidden files enabled that a pagefile.sys exists on C:\ but not on D:\

The weird thing is in regedit under 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management' it shows both 'c:\pagefile.sys 800 800' and 'd:\pagefile.sys 2048 2048' in PagingFiles

I have changed the values multiple times and run 'sfc /scannow' and rebooted upwards of 10 times trying to troubleshoot this issue myself today with no luck and I'm at my wit's end.

:)

Blutzen, Mar 23, 2019

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CCan't seem to create a pagefile.sys on any drive besides C:\ :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't seem to create a pagefile.sys on any drive besides C:\ - Similar Threads - Can't seem create

2. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pagefile sys: hi my pagefile sys went up suddenly to 11 gb while was playing game and after like end match in game it went back to normal how it was before it maked first time i think is it normal...
  3. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pagefile sys: hi my pagefile sys went up suddenly to 11 gb while was playing game and after like end match in game it went back to normal how it was before it maked first time i think is it normal...
  4. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there any way to move swapfile and pagefile from the system drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to move swapfile and pagefile from the system drive?: I have tried to use NTFS symbolic link destination drive has no letter assigned:mklink c:\swapfile.sys \\?\Volume{XXXXXXXX-0000-0000-0000-100000000000}\swapfile.sysmklink c:\pagefile.sys \\?\Volume{XXXXXXXX-0000-0000-0000-100000000000}\pagefile.syseverything works fine except...
  6. Is there any way to move swapfile and pagefile from the system drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there any way to move swapfile and pagefile from the system drive?: I have tried to use NTFS symbolic link destination drive has no letter assigned:mklink c:\swapfile.sys \\?\Volume{XXXXXXXX-0000-0000-0000-100000000000}\swapfile.sysmklink c:\pagefile.sys \\?\Volume{XXXXXXXX-0000-0000-0000-100000000000}\pagefile.syseverything works fine except...
  7. Is there any way to move swapfile and pagefile from the system drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Hidden Data in C drive, Can't seem to find it.

Hidden Data in C drive, Can't seem to find it.: I am using Windows 10 on a laptop and recently I noticed my C drive filling up. I install everything on other drives to try to maintain the integrity of C drive so this immediately came to my attention. I looked up solutions online and tried using : Disk clean up Disk...
  9. Windows 10 installing to other drive beside C:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installing to other drive beside C:: Finally switched from 7 to 10. Still finding out stuff and making tweaks to it. I have three HDD's and one M.2 SSD. I installed 10 to the SSD and found out that part of the install went to the F drive. I had to physically unplug D, E and F for 10 to install completely to the...
  10. C: pagefile .sys Degrag

C: pagefile .sys Degrag: How do I defrag my C: pagefile .sys my O&O Degrag Prof states that the files is 32G with a 97.71 degree of relative fragmentation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-pagefile-sys-degrag/1435a24e-30c1-43a8-9587-dbbac2c1216e"
Tags: