Windows 10: Can't seem to login automatically

Discus and support Can't seem to login automatically in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This is a new computer and it is making me nuts that I cannot login automatically to Windows 10. To be clear, I can login, so this is pretty OCD, but I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by birdie65775, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Can't seem to login automatically

This is a new computer and it is making me nuts that I cannot login automatically to Windows 10. To be clear, I can login, so this is pretty OCD, but I have a duplicate account that I cannot login to, and an administrator account that always asks for my password.

Netplwiz shows only one account and "Users must enter user name and password to use this computer" is unchecked. But I still need to use a password. When I first tried to do this (uncheck the radio button in netplwiz) it prompted me to enter a password. I don't recall if I did or not, but now there is a second account account that appears on the login screen. It is also me -- by appearances a duplicate account -- but I cannot login to that one. None of my usual passwords work and leaving the password blank does not work, I am always told that my username or password is wrong. If I select the other account, then I can login by entering my password. The one I cannot login to seems to be the default option.

Nothing I do seems to work and I would appreciate any help on this. Most of my web searches tell me to unclick the radio button in 'Netplwiz' but that does not seem to work. I have also tried to edit the registry and have AutoAdminLogon set to 1.

Is there some way to get rid of the duplicate, non-functional login and login automatically as administrator? Or, in any case, to just login automatically to some account?

Edit: Under 'Local Users and Groups (Local)/Users there are five accounts listed: Administrator, DefaultAccount, one with my name, Guest, and WDAGUtility.

:)

birdie65775, Apr 15, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 15, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Can't seem to login automatically

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Can't seem to login automatically :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't seem to login automatically

1. Can't seem to login automatically - Similar Threads - Can't seem login

2. It seems I can't change my Account login PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It seems I can't change my Account login PIN: HelloSo my current Windows and Microsoft user is a personal account this one. I also got two more accounts but no users, just accounts for Office from two different universities. It seems to me that Windows is expecting those not personal accounts but I'm using my personal...
  3. It seems I can't change my Account login PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It seems I can't change my Account login PIN: HelloSo my current Windows and Microsoft user is a personal account this one. I also got two more accounts but no users, just accounts for Office from two different universities. It seems to me that Windows is expecting those not personal accounts but I'm using my personal...
  4. It seems I can't change my Account login PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't seem to login in my pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't seem to login in my pc.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Antman69edThanos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m53tag/cant_seem_to_login_in_my_pc/
  6. Can't enable automatic login on win10 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't enable automatic login on win10 1909: [ATTACH] I have two brand new desktop units purchased from Dell. These devices exclusively run Zoom room software, and need to be set up so that they log in automatically at power on or after a restart. I applied the latest windows updates (currently at 1909) and I am...
  7. Can't seem to save

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't seem to save: In #1 image I have last week, earlier this month, earlier this year, along time ago so I went to view, group by, none and I got image 2 which is what I want but it won't stay that way? It looks like the images are in reverse. 133868
  8. Can't seem to save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't seem to save: In #1 image I have last week, earlier this month, earlier this year, along time ago so I went to view, group by, none and I got image 2 which is what I want but it won't stay that way?
  9. Seeming stutter after login?

in Windows 10 Support
    Seeming stutter after login?: Hey guys I recently upgraded my build and I notice that for about 1-1.5 seconds after I login the mouse will pause/stutter and then everything will be fine and it doesn't do it anymore, I don't have any errors or anything so I am a bit lost on why it is doing it on this new...
  10. Automatic Login Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Login Not Working: I just bought a laptop.' I went into Netplwiz ant unchecked the password requirement. But, the device doesn't log me in automatically. It starts to the login screen and shows my Microsoft account and Other user. It's trying to login with Other user but I find nowhere in...