Windows 10: Can't seem to make a USB Win 10 installer

Discus and support Can't seem to make a USB Win 10 installer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I and my stupid adventures nature decided to try linux. Now I can't seem to get Windows back on my laptop. I download the media creation tool like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arkas, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Arkas Win User

Can't seem to make a USB Win 10 installer

So I and my stupid adventures nature decided to try linux. Now I can't seem to get Windows back on my laptop. I download the media creation tool like Microsoft says, but it wants to install on my other laptop instead! My second laptop is running Windows and its the one I'm trying the media creation tool. How can I make a simple USB Windows 10 installer? P.S. linux was hell, If you want to try it, stick to a virtual machine.

:)

Arkas, Jun 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 23, 2021
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

rk3066, Jun 23, 2021
  4. DaveK Win User

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

Yeah great guide worked for me, I need to install Win 7 on a new build that I'm doing for someone, will be just my luck the mobo won't let me boot from USB *Roll Eyes Can't seem to make a USB Win 10 installer :rolleyes:

Yeah some of the installation steps are done in just a second, I was intalling it left the room for 10 minutes came back to check on it to find it at the start screen lol, it installed and rebooted back to the USB, wasn't expecting it to be done so fast.

DaveK, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't seem to make a USB Win 10 installer - Similar Threads - Can't seem USB

2. Can't install Win 11 with USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Win 11 with USB: The USB is UEFI, but attempting to boot it during bios will say that I'm in legacy/CSM mode, and will not work. After disabling legacy mode/CSM, I can't get any prompt to allow me to boot from the USB at all. Is there a way around this, or could I make the USB a MGR? Would...
  3. Can't install Win 11 with USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Win 11 with USB: The USB is UEFI, but attempting to boot it during bios will say that I'm in legacy/CSM mode, and will not work. After disabling legacy mode/CSM, I can't get any prompt to allow me to boot from the USB at all. Is there a way around this, or could I make the USB a MGR? Would...
  4. Can't seem to install Windows from a usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't seem to install Windows from a usb: I recently had a problem where windows wouldn't boot no matter what I did, after following everything I could find I settled on reformatting the drive that windows was on and reinstalling, unfortunately after I reformatted it I had an error, something to do with a gpt...
  5. Can't seem to install Windows from a usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't seem to install Windows from a usb: I recently had a problem where windows wouldn't boot no matter what I did, after following everything I could find I settled on reformatting the drive that windows was on and reinstalling, unfortunately after I reformatted it I had an error, something to do with a gpt...
  6. Can't seem to install Windows from a usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't seem to make a USB Win 10 installer

Can't seem to make a USB Win 10 installer: So I and my stupid adventures nature decided to try linux. Now I can't seem to get Windows back on my laptop. I download the media creation tool like Microsoft says, but it wants to install on my other laptop instead! My second laptop is running Windows and its the one I'm...
  8. Make bootable USB drive for Win 10

Make bootable USB drive for Win 10: Task is simple: Making a bootable USB drive with Windows 10 Education - English - 1909 version The hardware I want to use is a Zenbook 14-UX433FA with Endless OS installed (seems a linux distro, never heard of it before) The PC I am working at right now is a Desktop with...
  9. WIn 10 PC makes frequent USB Install tones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIn 10 PC makes frequent USB Install tones: I have a Patriot 256GB flash drive. If I leave it in, my PC will make frequent pinging sounds, the same sounds that I hear when I first insert the flash drive. Does anyone know why this happens, is there a setting that I need to shut off? 49763
  10. Can't seem to make a recovery disk or install disk

Can't seem to make a recovery disk or install disk: I've tried using the "Create a Recovery Drive" and have tried making my own installation media using the "Media Creation Tool". Both seem to do nothing, just constantly search. The Media Creation Tool stays on the "getting a few things ready" screen for upwards of half an...