Windows 10: Can't seem to repair registry, blue screen on boot.

Discus and support Can't seem to repair registry, blue screen on boot. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm using Windows 10 64-bit After moving my pc in an airport checked bag (one can only imagine what happened), my pc was running fine but then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by derekhhh, May 15, 2020.

1. derekhhh Win User

Can't seem to repair registry, blue screen on boot.

Hi all,
    I'm using Windows 10 64-bit

After moving my pc in an airport checked bag (one can only imagine what happened), my pc was running fine but then it was overheating and crashed. Upon startup I get the blue screen saying it needs to be repaired.

I've tried booting from a USB which has my windows installation on it. It can boot from that, but when it crashes or when i turn it off and on again it needs the USB to reboot, otherwise I get the same blue screen.

I followed tutorials on how to Repair windows using the boot method, but it doesn't seem to work- it just reboots again to this same blue screen.

Are there any other ways to fix the registry? Also any idea why it overheats much easier than before the move?

I appreciate the help!

:)

derekhhh, May 15, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 15, 2020
  3. brad59 Win User
    blue screen

Tried safe mode, same blue screen!

brad59, May 15, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't seem to repair registry, blue screen on boot. - Similar Threads - Can't seem repair

2. Can't boot into windows 11 because of Registry error blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot into windows 11 because of Registry error blue screen: Hi,I wanted to hop on my racing sims today's afternoon but when I tried to boot up blue screen appeared with "Registry error" and forever it kept appearing. I tried to boot into safe mode but same thing happened. I tried installing windows from wizard but it kept saying that...
  3. Can't boot into windows 11 because of Registry error blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't boot into windows 11 because of Registry error blue screen: Hi,I wanted to hop on my racing sims today's afternoon but when I tried to boot up blue screen appeared with "Registry error" and forever it kept appearing. I tried to boot into safe mode but same thing happened. I tried installing windows from wizard but it kept saying that...
  4. Where is Tlauncher in the Registry? I can't seem to find it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is Tlauncher in the Registry? I can't seem to find it: I can't find it. Pls do help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-tlauncher-in-the-registry-i-cant-seem-to/b0292236-a566-4825-8ec7-94430962f50b
  5. Where is Tlauncher in the Registry? I can't seem to find it

Where is Tlauncher in the Registry? I can't seem to find it: I can't find it. Pls do help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-tlauncher-in-the-registry-i-cant-seem-to/b0292236-a566-4825-8ec7-94430962f50b
  6. Registry error blue screen. Can't start windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry error blue screen. Can't start windows.: I don't know what to do. It just won't boot.I tried booting from safe mode turning it on and off 3 times before the blue screen but it does not work....
  7. Blue screen cant boot into auto repair

Blue screen cant boot into auto repair: Hi guys so today something unfortunate happened i tried to factory reset my pc since i thought some ping issues might be related to a program but when it booted up i got greeted with a blue screen and error code ntfs file system. I have a relatively new pc about 1 and half...
  8. Can't Repair PC Blue Screen Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Repair PC Blue Screen Loop: I have tried repairing my PC but get a message referring me to an error log. Here are the contents of the log: Startup Repair diagnosis and repair log --------------------------- Last successful boot time: ‎9/‎1/‎2020 5:48:00 PM GMT Number of repair attempts: 12...
  9. Blue Screen / Pc Needs repair and won’t boot?

Blue Screen / Pc Needs repair and won’t boot?: Hi there, this is going to be long as I try to provide as much detail as possible. I know pretty much nothing about computers, so i apologize in advance. I’m experiencing an issue with windows 10. 5 days ago my Laptop A lenovo legion y730 laptop rebooted after I updated...
  10. registry repair

registry repair: Looking for a registry scanner that checks and repairs the Window 10/Microsoft programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-repair/80aca8a6-5e84-4589-b70d-38345be2272c