Windows 10: Can't seem to use my microphone after the latest Windows 11 update.

Discus and support Can't seem to use my microphone after the latest Windows 11 update. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Greetings,There seems to be a problem with the internal microphone. I have attached a screenshot of the error below.The error information is as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dennis Tan 111, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Can't seem to use my microphone after the latest Windows 11 update.

Greetings,There seems to be a problem with the internal microphone. I have attached a screenshot of the error below.The error information is as followsCan't seem to use my microphone after the latest Windows 11 update. :Device settings for SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{f6f637db-73cb-4706-80bb-d10cdb58281c} were not migrated from previous OS installation due to partial or ambiguous device match. Last Device Instance Id: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{26937673-d1e5-46e8-953a-244caa78a1e6} Class Guid: {c166523c-fe0c-4a94-a586-f1a80cfbbf3e} Location Path: Migration Rank: 0xF00000000000F120 Present: false Status: 0xC0000719 Thanks!

:)

Dennis Tan 111, Aug 17, 2022
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Windows 10 recognized my microphone and works, but Cortana doesn't hear me

Hi,

This could be due to drivers not being update.

Please try these methods.

Method 1 : Run audio troubleshooter.

You might be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with audio.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard
    • Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting..
    • Click on view all (on the left)
    • Select Playing Audio troubleshooter
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.

Method 2: Check for the microphone settings.

Step 1:
    I would suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"
    • Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".
    • Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".
    • Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".
    • Click Apply and OK.
    Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 3: Update sound/audio adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 2: Uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers

I would also suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the latest audio drivers from the Manufacturer website.

Uninstall the driver from Device Manager:

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard
    • In run window type devmgmt.msc
    • Locate audio devices and expand the same
    • Right-click on the audio driver
      and then uninstall the drivers.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
    Now, please go to the manufacturer website and install
    the latest audio drivers.

Restart the computer and check.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Can't seem to use my microphone after the latest Windows 11 update.

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Can't seem to use my microphone after the latest Windows 11 update.

1. Can't seem to use my microphone after the latest Windows 11 update. - Similar Threads - Can't seem microphone

2. Can't seem to use my microphone after the latest Windows 11 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't seem to use my microphone after the latest Windows 11 update.: Greetings,There seems to be a problem with the internal microphone. I have attached a screenshot of the error below.The error information is as follows:Device settings for SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{f6f637db-73cb-4706-80bb-d10cdb58281c} were not migrated from previous OS...
  3. Microphone stopped working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone stopped working after latest Windows update: I've been unable to join Teams and Zoom calls as my internal microphone stopped working after the April 13 Windows update. I've checked to ensure that my drivers are up to date and everything else is fine. Seems like others are having the same issue. I'm using a Lenovo...
  4. Microphone not working after latest update

Microphone not working after latest update: Hi, My internal microphone is no longer working after the latest update my computer updated four days ago, before then it was working. For some reason, I cannot uninstall those updates, despite them breaking the microphone. I've tried everything from resetting Services to...
  5. After updating Windows to latest version my microphone stopped working

After updating Windows to latest version my microphone stopped working: I updated Windows to latest version and my microphone stopped working as it was. I use Discord to play with my friends and strange fact was that they could hear sounds comming from my pc ex. music from Tidal, Youtube or system sounds. I updated all possible drivers and I...
  6. Can't use the microphone with my headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't use the microphone with my headset: Hello all, recently I bought a new headset with a built in microphone. But the headset seems to be working fine and I can hear things. But the microphone itself doesn't seem to be getting detected. I tried this with 3 different headsets so I think it's a driver issue? I'm not...
  7. Microphone not working after latest Windows 10 update

Microphone not working after latest Windows 10 update: Microphone not working after latest Windows 10 update- I've checked the microphone box, enabled the box, run troubleshooter after troubleshooter, run diagnostics, open and checked Settings, enabled and checked it all in Settings, Tested, tried Cortana, which can't hear me...
  8. It seems there is an issue with the latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    It seems there is an issue with the latest update: Windows 10 latest update is causing mouse lag and freezing for a few seconds. Microsoft needs to fix it asap with an update. The mouse feels laggy and heavy, and there is delay between the movement and the cursor. As you can see here:...
  9. Latest windows update doesn't seem to work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows update doesn't seem to work.: [IMG]n Every option brings me back here, because it can't troublshoot properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-windows-update-doesnt-seem-to-work/8ffb9f23-0148-4c38-8d58-58709c328e18
  10. when i updated my window to the latest version, it seem that microphone is not working at all.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when i updated my window to the latest version, it seem that microphone is not working at all.: i have restarted my laptop so many times but it doesn't work. i have try to uninstalled it and restart but the same issue repeated. Detail, my laptop is running window 10 1803 version 64bit...